• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA TA Reserve System

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way it works, is that if you have 4 days of reserve, you go in the 4 bucket. You can be assigned a trip of 4 days or less. Every day, you move down one bucket. On the last day, you can only be given a day trip.

The purpose of the bucket is to prevent the company from assigning you a 3 day trip on the last day of your 3 day reserve stand when you were supposed to be commuting home for your kid's birthday. Which happens all the time right now.

By the the bucket system, under the new TA is the GDO system still in effect or are all your days off firm days off?

John,

I'm pretty familiar with the bucket system and Skywest's management's interpretation of it. I was responding to OCP's comment. That ain't necessarily the way it works.

It will only work the way you describe it if you dot all the i's and cross all the t's. That's all I'm saying.

John,

I'm pretty familiar with the bucket system and Skywest's management's interpretation of it. I was responding to OCP's comment. That ain't necessarily the way it works.

It will only work the way you describe it if you dot all the i's and cross all the t's. That's all I'm saying.

Which is what I really hope our MEC did. We had so many ambiguous phrases in our last scheduling section section, and it pretty much doubled in the amount of pages from the old one to the new one. From what I was told, a lot of it was based on what ExpressJet has. We'll see.... Either way there is a process to fight it if the company decides to interpret the section in it's own way.

.......unless they feel like assigning you that three day trip on your last day.

Remember, you will still be dealing with the same Crew Schedulers and Management. They didn't follow the old contract, don't think they will follow this one.

ASA is has always run understaffed, and probably always will. This is incentive for managment to get the contract signed....but not to follow it.

As I said, that's what the grievance committee is for. Don't fear it and don't bitch about it. Just grieve it IF it happens. One thing our MEC has an excellent record on is contract defense.

By the the bucket system, under the new TA is the GDO system still in effect or are all your days off firm days off?

My understanding it that there will still be GDOs. I can't remember how many.

Latest resources

Back