• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA summer flying increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To answer the earlier question... I had two guys (Captains) extended on my three day sunday-tuesday.

on one of the days ops tried about 5 different methods to get the message to us... i was waiting to get tackled by the ramper :)

That's all I was trying to say-and thanks for proving my point bamapilot. This management team is way better than what we had for sure. My only concern was that the reserve levels are affecting our numbers-I've had 3 flights personally that ended up being late the next day because they turned a nap into an 8 hour layover due to no nap crews. How many flights does that delay the next day? It won't matter if we are 2nd lowest cost if our numbers don't live up to the goals.

That's all I was trying to say-and thanks for proving my point bamapilot. This management team is way better than what we had for sure. My only concern was that the reserve levels are affecting our numbers-I've had 3 flights personally that ended up being late the next day because they turned a nap into an 8 hour layover due to no nap crews. How many flights does that delay the next day? It won't matter if we are 2nd lowest cost if our numbers don't live up to the goals.

I think the company would be better served by paying the 'some' of the schedulers more, to keep them around so that they we can reap the 'reward' of experience. I'm not saying I don't want the furloughs back, but giving scheduling more wiggle room because they're inefficient does not help the overall operation. I'm not defending scheduling but come on, half the FOs I fly with have no clue when it comes to duty rigs, and we expect a low salaried scheduler to know the rules inside and out? I know it's their job but experience matters here.

It won't matter if we are 2nd lowest cost if our numbers don't live up to the goals.
[/QUOTE]

I think I get what you are saying, but I don't think it is that simple. First, Delta appears to care about costs. Then, after costs are considered, Delta cares about performance numbers.

First and foremost: costs.

Ok every year I make this post in some thread.

In the summer, flying increases and lines are pretty good.

In the fall. Flying decreases and lines suck again.

Despite the fact that you have all worked at airlines for a couple of years... There is always some post about a shocking increase of flying, lack of coverage, extensions, etc...

Heads up this fall there will be a shocking decrease in coverage, reserves not working, furlough talk, etc...

Continue

Latest resources

Back