Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dude

Primer oficial
For those of you just dying to get a job at ASA, be very careful what you wish for. My experience hasn't been all bad, but it is quickly becoming one of the most regretable career moves I have ever made.

Management are only there because they have been chased off from another company or have been in serious trouble, so the only safe place for them is the GO (GenOffice).

The schedules are horrible, therefore QOL is. 3 years sen. and 12 days off, flying weekends.

NO movement or Upgrades in the forseeable future. Be sure that when your Upgrade does arrive you will spend an eternity on reserve.

No language in the contract for Ready Reserve, but that doesn't mean you won't do RR. The Chief Pilots interperet the contract how they see fit on that given day and grieving it will take months to rectify.

Which brings me to Scheduling. WTF? The most inept individuals I have ever worked with, excuse me, FOR. They own your A$$! It doesn't matter whether you are a line holder or not. You will get no support from your Chief Pilot, for he doesn't work to help you, but FU. Scheduling is made up of folks who had rather work inside the A/C offices instead of the RAMP.

Unproductive trips, No Rigs, Horrible Reserve and Scheduling, Questionable QOL, Gutless MGMT, $hitty Pay, No Retirement, and working alongside the Cast from a Rap video while on the ramp.

There you go. Ponder that before you take the job. The crazy thing is I had a great attitude not long ago, but that has obviously changed. Some or even most may not share my sentiments, but I just thought I would share with the ASA hopefuls out there.

What a Disappointment.............................

Having said all that, I'm the scmuck responsible for my career choices and nobody else. Felt good to use the board as a Shrink though.

If you are really that unhappy, leave and go to some greener pastures.

Life is really too short to be that miserable.

Dude,
I'm sorry for your situation, it sounds like life at Pdt. Unfortunately there are thousands of eager young pilots out there who would love to see you quit so they can start where you left off. Although it is good to see that some people are finally getting fed up with all the BS we put up with at the regionals. So-called professionals should not have to live like rats, but I guess that's another thread. Aren't you guys in negotiations? I know pilots at my airline would kill to be in negotiations. Ask for the moon. Delta can't afford many more setbacks at this stage in the game.

Why should this individual quit?

Anyway, I say Don't QUIT, but instead, try to improve your situation. You know like the Freedom guys did. oops did I just write that!

Also, don't forget we are still commuter pilots, there is just more of us bozos flying jets now is all. I know, it gets confusing. Just look at your schedule and you will remember.

ADG

Its not that bad here. Ive been on reserve for 10 of my 18 mos. here, never had a single problem with schedulers, I've stayed out of trouble so have never had a need to deal with a chief pilot. I know relations stink between pilots and Chiefs and sheduling (only because our current poor contract allows them to use the system that they use), but I imagine that is anywhere!

Bottom line, despite negotiations which are at a rediculous snails pace (also common at any company), it is pretty good here at ASA.

General Lee, your comments and expert analysis on the state of ASA and the regional airline industry as a whole. I am waiting with baited breath, and all my opinions will hinge on your every word.........

Take your crappy pay, subtract $4 an hour, and you have XJT. 3 year FOs are on reserve with 11 days off. Of course if we ever get a contract pay will greatly improve and CAL recalls are creating the first forward movement in 2 1/2 years. Hang in there, it'll get better eventually!

Dude,

What were you flying before you came to ASA?

Who were you flying for?

701EV

So you're saying you work for a typical regonal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back