• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of us would rather just take what is on the table and move on.

From what I have seen of the TA, I would not take what's on the table, but each pilot has to make that decision. I wouldn't assume 51% would take the current offer especially with no details on scope and pay rates. Labor Day weekend should be fun at ASA!

Well checking my e-mail this morning and seeing the ALPA newletter regarding your situation caught my attention. I assume that this was the intention. Sounds to me that the lawyers are winning this war. I just hope that we the labor in this country can vote in a pro labor goverment.

Well apparently, by looking at the presidentials polls, it is not going that way...Hillary is #1 so far, and looking at her past at the Wallmart board, I don't think she is pro labor...just an example, just a thought.

Last edited:
I don't know about you, but I enjoyed a tax savings starting in 2002 by removing the marriage penalty. I also enjoyed a savings by the lowering of all tax rates.

Note also that no one "pays" for a tax cut. If that were the case then taxes would have to be raised on another income group or source of income, and that hasn't happened. Starting in 2001 through 2007, everyone got a tax cut of about 2%-3% except for the lowest income bracket which received a cut of 5% with the addition of a new lower tax braket.

As far as Warren Buffett (however you spell it), he doesn't exactly get paid in the form of a paycheck and doesn't get his taxes withheld. Also, he rails on how the "rich" don't need a tax cut, but he manages vis-a-vis his accountants to find every tax loophole and shelter available to keep him from paying "his fair share" of taxes, as is his right within the law. I would bet that if you actually looked at his return, you would see that he paid 35% on his taxable income.

Absolutely, positively, GD right......

So, I hope that if these meetings on the 28th are status quo from the last 250+ before and the NMB says "Well, lets talk some more in October..."
I sure hope our representatives tell the NMB to go @#$% themselves; then offer them a frosty beverage and a tasty snack.

:beer:

So, I hope that if these meetings on the 28th are status quo from the last 250+ before and the NMB says "Well, lets talk some more in October..."
I sure hope our representatives tell the NMB to go @#$% themselves; then offer them a frosty beverage and a tasty snack.

:beer:

From what I'm hearing, if these meetings are not satisfactory and productive, melt-down of ASA begins. The boys have had enough. Seven 700s down today! Oh yeah, SKYW Inc cleared 40 mil this last quarter.

F-You Mode!

From what I'm hearing, if these meetings are not satisfactory and productive, melt-down of ASA begins. The boys have had enough. Seven 700s down today! Oh yeah, SKYW Inc cleared 40 mil this last quarter.

I know it is a little harder to get thru a trip like this:but I do absolutely no favors for these jack-monkeys anymore!

I write EVERYTHING up-if a gnat takes a dump on a placard and it is a little hard to interpret the letter "h" with gnat poop in the middle, the placard gets written up....

There are WAY too many people who are scared they will get into trouble for being so picky, but I get to be more and more of a bastard every time I think about the fact that we have had 250 sessions! There is plenty of stuff around to be picky about if you look!
-F-These guys!

The Comair strike happened as a carry over from Clinton. If Comair had Bush mediators , they would still be in NMB hell right now right along with ASA. OH , I forgot to add, yes there will be releases, but only when the company has enough scabs to replace you. Why don't you do a google check and see how well those NW mechs are doing right now. Has Bush set up a PEB to help resolve anything? WHy don't you read Flying the Line Vol 2, or Hard Landing. Two books that will teach you about some really great Republicans like Frank Lorenzo, Dick Ferris, and Bob Crandall.

Why don't you ask the American pilots how they did with their strike under Clinton? And while you're at it, ask them how they liked the judgement passed against them by a Clinton appointed judge for their work slowdown and sickout. Oh yeah, those Democrats will save us all. :puke:

Stop making excuses. You can cry all day long about the political climate on the hill or the NMB the real fact of the matter is the weak sister pilots we have at ASA. Some are flying the contract but there are enough fence sitters or good company men to render it ineffective. Either fly the contract and run ASA into the ground and they'll pay up just like they did on the last contract. It's not that difficult... When I get mad that we have no contract I don't look any further then myself and my pilot group we control our fate it's just a matter of making it happen.

The Comair strike happened as a carry over from Clinton. If Comair had Bush mediators , they would still be in NMB hell right now right along with ASA. OH , I forgot to add, yes there will be releases, but only when the company has enough scabs to replace you. Why don't you do a google check and see how well those NW mechs are doing right now. Has Bush set up a PEB to help resolve anything? WHy don't you read Flying the Line Vol 2, or Hard Landing. Two books that will teach you about some really great Republicans like Frank Lorenzo, Dick Ferris, and Bob Crandall.

listen here you pain in the butt. Vote in B. Hussein Obama, let him appoint new mediators, get a contract that increases your pay, and then watch it all disappear into worthless government programs. Then watch you lose your job because he lets Hugo Chavez, Kim Jong Il, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Bashar al-Assad walk all over our country with terrorist attacks. Then B. Hussein Obama will blame George W. Bush, keep allowing these terror groups to cripple our country's morale, and you'll be sitting on the sidewalk in College Park somewhere with a tin cup begging for money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back