• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know it is a little harder to get thru a trip like this:but I do absolutely no favors for these jack-monkeys anymore!

I write EVERYTHING up-if a gnat takes a dump on a placard and it is a little hard to interpret the letter "h" with gnat poop in the middle, the placard gets written up....

There are WAY too many people who are scared they will get into trouble for being so picky, but I get to be more and more of a bastard every time I think about the fact that we have had 250 sessions! There is plenty of stuff around to be picky about if you look!
-F-These guys!

ASA is already the worst airline out there, On time arrivals, lost baggage... How much worse do you think you can possible make it.... I doubt nit picking placards is going to make a difference.... You already suck.....

Why would any sitting President, Democrat or Republican let any pilot group strike, I mean you have to think about whats in it for them. You get alot more votes from the 300 Million Americans who want to continue to pay low fares and not have their travel plans interrupted than you will from the 70,000 airline pilots who already make to much money, right?

The Comair strike happened as a carry over from Clinton. If Comair had Bush mediators , they would still be in NMB hell right now right along with ASA. OH , I forgot to add, yes there will be releases, but only when the company has enough scabs to replace you. Why don't you do a google check and see how well those NW mechs are doing right now. Has Bush set up a PEB to help resolve anything? WHy don't you read Flying the Line Vol 2, or Hard Landing. Two books that will teach you about some really great Republicans like Frank Lorenzo, Dick Ferris, and Bob Crandall.

You guys are doing nothing to put pressure on ASA or the NMB. I'm never late on you guys, always see your capts helping with pink tags in CLE, you do little pickets of 30 which are worthless no matter how many people you have. As long as you guys are willing to live with the current situation the negotiations will continue. When and only when your MEC stands up to the company, the pilots start flying the contract, and the public learns how ASA not being properly staffed, having high attrition can hurt them, will people begin to care and ASA will realize they need to finish the contract. After all is said and done your contract may be a dollar or 2 higher and scheduling will be better, is that really worth 5 years of hell. If guys do get a good contract I think we all know MESA and CHQ will not follow and unfortunately you will be seen as overpaid. I may be wrong on this but didn't Clinton stop AA pilots from striking?

Last edited:
From what I'm hearing, if these meetings are not satisfactory and productive, melt-down of ASA begins. The boys have had enough. Seven 700s down today! Oh yeah, SKYW Inc cleared 40 mil this last quarter.

Ha! Ha! Ha! that is said on here every 2 -3 months.

Why don't you ask the American pilots how they did with their strike under Clinton? And while you're at it, ask them how they liked the judgement passed against them by a Clinton appointed judge for their work slowdown and sickout. Oh yeah, those Democrats will save us all. :puke:

Just FYI. The president can only block your strike for 60 days. Once he or she opens that can of worms NO ONE can close it. That is actually to be expected now days but it is not a permanent block of a work stoppage. It is not necessarily a bad thing.

My opinion on this. The RLA was never intended to be a permanent revocation of our constitutional rights. It has recently been used to do so. It will only change if there is a national work stoppage of all of the unionized workers whom are governed by it. Not just airlines but everyone who is being abused by the act. Until we have a national chair that has rallying all of us (Not just ALPA) to stop working like a week or so before Christmas one year it wont change.

I am no lawyer but language inserted like "No party may be forced to mediate longer than 60 days at the conclusion of which they are released into a cooling off period" would give us the ability to again say to management “This is how much pilots cost, if you don’t like it don’t have an airline." Prater can want to take it back as much as he wants to but he won’t take anything back until he is committed to doing the things necessary to actually take it back. The threat of the stoppage would be enough to get our point of view across.

For the others that say the public doesn’t care about us; you are right. We are the only people looking out for us. They (management) won’t give us any thing that they don’t have to. They won’t have to give us anything without an authorization to park the planes. So park all of the busses, trains, planes and everything else at once and demand fair treatment. It’s not on Prater’s agenda so “We are not taking it back.” is my prediction.

That’s my 1 cent worth because as an F.O. at Mesa if I give you 2 cents I won’t have a cent left for my self. Back to pulling ready reserve for free on day 5 of a trip.

Latest resources

Back