• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Strike?

INote also that no one "pays" for a tax cut

Your kids will considering the inability of the government (all branches, all parties) to only spend the money they actually have instead of turning a record surplus into a record deficit. The bill's gonna come due eventually.

question?

Just a question from an outsider looking in. Would an ASA strike even hurt Delta as the Comair strike did in 01'? Does ASA have much leverage left in its route structure, with all the other regionals flying feed into ATL? Are there routes that are truly ASA's or has Delta crossfilled the scheldule so that no single carrier can cripple them. What is Skywest's plan for ASA,,,,Did they just want the planes and relationship with Delta? Do they even care about ASA personell? Just curious, being from Atlanta, I hope everything works out for you guys.

ASA has over 900 flights a day, you tell me?

701EV

Just wait until the evening of Aug 31st if nothing is accomplished from the 4 days. Pilots have had enough, and ASA will experience the ghosts of '98!

Name the date. I'll be with you. It is too hot to fish so I'll just say home and spend time with the family, maybe drink some beer.

ASA has over 900 flights a day, you tell me?

701EV

What i think....I think Chautauqua will take pilots off the US Air system and use them to fly for Delta. Maybe Mesa will do the same. Either way unless our Union "S" protect us all, we are doomed!

But pilots can decide to semi-strike and get this thing done. With all of the jobs available right now, I don't understand why this pilot group will not rock the boat! Jerry and Bryan are loving this group; all bark and no bite. Until something is done on the line, nothing is going to happen in negotiations. What incentive does management have to settle? Absolutely none!

Most of us would rather just take what is on the table and move on.

What i think....I think Chautauqua will take pilots off the US Air system and use them to fly for Delta. Maybe Mesa will do the same. Either way unless our Union "S" protect us all, we are doomed!

Before a strike, the ASA MEC will pass a resolution that defines "struck work." Typically, if another carrier already flies the same routes that the striking carrier does, then any increase in the number of frequencies or the size of the aircraft would meet the definition of struck work. So, if Mesa currently only flies one flight on a route that ASA does 5 flights, then if Mesa were to start flying 3 flights after the start of the strike, that would be considered struck work. This happened back in '04 at PCL/MSA when the MSA pilots were about to go on strike. We flew many of the same routes, but the MSA MEC defined struck work as any increase in flying on those routes. So, the PCL MEC made it clear that we would not be flying any struck work. If the IBT reps at CHQ have any common sense, they'll do the same in the event of an ASA strike.

Your kids will considering the inability of the government (all branches, all parties) to only spend the money they actually have instead of turning a record surplus into a record deficit. The bill's gonna come due eventually.

The government has enough tax revenue. The problem is the Congress loves to earmark all of it away for garbage like the war on poverty. Then they cut Medicare so far back that doctors are refusing to accept it. This is just the case Hillary needs to turn the already ailing medical sector into a heaping train wreck so she can get elected by people who don't want to work and want the government to take care of them. You gotta love politics right now. Unfortunately all sides are to blame, but the Democrats are the worst of the worst. And neither side is going to "help" airline pilots. The Dems think we make too much money, and the Republicans do to. At least the Republicans will let you keep more of what you can manage to negotiate.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom