ASA staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Papa Woody

It seems to me the staffing level at ASA is beyond-critical.

Any word on that?

ASA training department is completely backlogged. Seems like the average wait for IOE or SOE is 2-4 weeks!

Scott said the hiring pool was almost dried up. He is going on a road show to recruit pilots because there are no applicants. The last 2-3 classes were hoping for a show of 20 but only had 14 and 16 show up. Who wants to work for 589.00 every two weeks?

Carefull, they are now junior maning days in advance. That's how dire it is. I got extended twice on my freedom day last week. I hope ALPA takes note and corrects this practice of multiple extensions on the next contract.... just a few more years of negotiating from now. Thanks NMB!

I heard they are filling only 50% of what they want in class.

Maybe they should try to keep what they have.

This is why I think there is trouble down the road for ASA. There are no pilots out there to hire and they don't care how many leave. Seems like a plan to me.

Get your PIC time and get out. There is no future.

New Contract...

Like Dave said-we would not have trouble attracting new people if we would just get a freaking contract! I think people are scared to come here-and with good reason.....
Scott and Brian come to our recurrent classes and tell us we are all doomed unless we agree to "this or that." The problem is "this or that" changes each time I see either one of those jackoffs. The company still has no idea what it will settle for and these numbnuts are going to coast along until we are released-(the 12th of never.)
In other words, good luck finding anyone who will stake their future on a place that so obviously has a dim future-I wouldn't blame anyone for holding out for greener pastures.

-Sometimes Brian and Scott get what they deserve-lately practically everyone who is legal for anything has been extended-I doubt that we are "where we need to be" as Scott says.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back