Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
Already started cancelling flights out of ATL for lack of crews, Junior Manning is in full swing, and out of IAD, equal number of crews per lines.

I hear it's too late to recall furloughs to help us out this summer. If they called them back today, I don't see how that is "too late." How many months to get people back on line?

Oh and rumors going around the cockpit the past few weeks of DL doing some hiring.

NICE GOING crew planning.

Last edited:
Already started cancelling flights out of ATL for lack of crews, Junior Manning is in full swing, and out of IAD, equal number of crews per lines.

I hear it's too late to recall furloughs to help us out this summer. If they called them back today, I don't see how that is "too late." How many months to get people back on line?

Oh and rumors going around the cockpit the past few weeks of DL doing some hiring.

We haven't had to cancel due to crews yet to the best of my knowledge because we have had enough takers on the premium pick ups.

Exactly! Most line holder want (need, expect, etc..) 80-85 hrs. If all 300+ lines were increased 10 hrs, that is 3000 block hours right there. They will do that first.

Wish this were all true but it looks like we are still well staffed. Line values are low. 45 lines for 55 FOs in IAD for May. Capt is different because there are several Capts that missed the bidding deadline because they were still in training but Scheduling will build them a nice pretty line once they get out.

Reserve usage in IAD is a little better but still boring. 37hrs credit is highest for IAD based reserves. TDYs are banking with around 55hrs credit halfway thru April.

I will be jumping for joy if they decide to match lines with crewmembers and just deadhead reserves. A lineholder position is at least a $1000 per month raise over reserve. Not to mention the reduction of money spent on gas.

Hmmm, 0 cancels today, 1 yesterday, 1 the day before that. Line values at 75-80, reserves flying 75-80. No, doesn't look like we're short, it just looks like the company is running the operation as efficiently as possible.

Hmmm, 0 cancels today, 1 yesterday, 1 the day before that. Line values at 75-80, reserves flying 75-80. No, doesn't look like we're short, it just looks like the company is running the operation as efficiently as possible.

Which is all fine and good for April... I can't wait to see what June, July and August are like. Could make for an interesting Summer, but we'll just have to wait and see.

All I know is the weekend is almost here and the weather is great, time for a cold one!

:beer:

Which is all fine and good for April... I can't wait to see what June, July and August are like. Could make for an interesting Summer, but we'll just have to wait and see.

All I know is the weekend is almost here and the weather is great, time for a cold one!

:beer:

Increase the line values. Staffing problem solved. Our block values go up in the summer, but not to a point where a 10 to 15 hr increase in line value won't be enough.

I had to have a 20-year captain pulled off another flight that had already blocked out just to cover 1 round trip because we ran out of 700 Cpt's. Blocked out over 1.5 hrs late because of it.

We're definitely not properly staffed over here on the 700/900

Wish this were all true but it looks like we are still well staffed. Line values are low. 45 lines for 55 FOs in IAD for May. Capt is different because there are several Capts that missed the bidding deadline because they were still in training but Scheduling will build them a nice pretty line once they get out.

Reserve usage in IAD is a little better but still boring. 37hrs credit is highest for IAD based reserves. TDYs are banking with around 55hrs credit halfway thru April.

I will be jumping for joy if they decide to match lines with crewmembers and just deadhead reserves. A lineholder position is at least a $1000 per month raise over reserve. Not to mention the reduction of money spent on gas.

How are they well staffed when they're buying hotel rooms to have people come up and sit reserve? How? Tell me. They need more people up there if they're deadheading them to sit TDY. There is Jr. Manning going on in ATL, there isn't (or at least as much) in IAD because of the amount of TDY-ed captains and first officers up there.

They won't just have it as a lineholder base, that makes absolutely no sense. They need more people up there, and if that means pushing you farther away from holding a line 777, then that's just a part of the job.

Latest resources

Back