• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA slowing down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand that concept, and actually do turn my lights on when taxiing. However, I (and I believe almost every other airline) exercise courtesy and common sense to turn it off when facing another aircraft. Apparently you guys manual and procedures override common sense.

I totally agree with ya, however it seems that less and less out there seem to understand this little bit of "common courtesy"! Used to be a rare exception to have your night vision ruined by a fellow professional, now it's occurring more and more...

Im trying to ride the ATR to the ground, hoping there's no room for me in class for a while, and I get a month of paid vacation. Heard it happened when the Brasilia went away...

Im trying to ride the ATR to the ground, hoping there's no room for me in class for a while, and I get a month of paid vacation. Heard it happened when the Brasilia went away...

There are several FOs who have the same idea.

One would think that some sort of training schedule would have been/should have been created already. Seems like putting 100 folks through jet training at once would impact hiring plans.

Once you get on reserve, it's pretty much paid vacation.

Last edited:

You're so junior on the airplane I really don't think it's going to make a difference. It's also interesting to see you on the bid list for the 50. Trying real hard, eh? No, not everyone on the Brasilia got a month off. It all depends on how the training cycles go. They will need to keep several pilots staffed to the airplane, so if you want to ride this til the end, you should hope no one above you wants to, and maybe pull that bid out.

I was here for the Brasilia. It wasn't like that except for a few people. And getting short called on reserve when you're #5 on the airplane to fly it to Hot Spring, AR, then take a cab to Texarkana, then fly to ATL via TXK-DFW-ATL was no picnic.

As a good friend of mine says "you don't want to be a Mahican".

Latest resources

Back