• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA - Self Help / Grievance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you have a nap line, then you probably had plenty of time off to pick up open time to bring yourself up to guarantee. You probably only even had to pick up a dayline because the block values were so low on the line.

It's funny how everybody says they want max time off at the expense of pay, and then when their paycheck comes they suddenly don't want it any more.

First of all, I am not asking the company to GIVE me anything!

Original line value was around 35 hours. I dropped 15 hours but added back 21 hours which should have put me over my original line value.

I had 21 hours of vacation. For me to come out even I would have needed 37 hours of vacation - which is actually more than my original line value.

My argument is conflicting vs. non conflicting. Checking the "drop conflicting trips" box on your monthly bid is there because we never know exactly what line we will have. It does give me the option and I would expect to be deducted for the Non-Conflicting portions...but not the conflicting portions. Which is what the contract says!

Side note: If the contract would have stated I needed to build my schedule back up to a certain value, I would have. However, all the examples in the contract lay it differently.

First of all, I am not asking the company to GIVE me anything!

I know you're not and I know what it's like to be in your shoes.
You just want someone to seriously sit down and look at the schedules. But I'm sorry to tell you, your dues don't cover that type of thing.
They don't cover much.
But just to help you feel better, your dues are going towards ALPA fighting for an American Eagle FO who lied in the ALPA magazine.

Your dues are also helping keep our mec at home and not flying for 6 hrs of credit per day. Awesome

Back in the day, one fat MEC member was asking others for the latest diet on the market.
I told him "Fly the line. You'll lose weight in no time once you get used to contract you negotiated".
I don't think he heard me because he was trying to shove twinkies in each ear because just chewing one at a time wasn't fast enough.

Mmmmm.....I like twinkies.

Back in the day, one fat MEC member was asking others for the latest diet on the market.
I told him "Fly the line. You'll lose weight in no time once you get used to contract you negotiated".
I don't think he heard me because he was trying to shove twinkies in each ear because just chewing one at a time wasn't fast enough.

And how did you vote on the contract he negotiated for you?

Latest resources

Back