ASA Screening Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hoodabundy

Just got a phone call from pilot recruiting at ASA, and they want to do a phone screening. Any idea what they ask?? If hired are classes going in to the CRJ200 / 700 or both?

Congrats on the call. They will ask some basic questions but what they are really after is info to start the background check. They want to know if you have any DUIs, accidents or incidents, those type of questions. They will also verify your mailing info and send you a mountian of paperwork to fill out and return.

As for what aircraft they will be putting the newhires in, your guess is as good as mine. The only thing you probably won't be in is the ATR. Those will all be gone in another 18 months. Best of luck and remember this thing can and will change at any time.

Hoodabundy said:
Just got a phone call from pilot recruiting at ASA, and they want to do a phone screening. Any idea what they ask?? If hired are classes going in to the CRJ200 / 700 or both?

Just take the damn call already! You can worry about screening your calls once you get the job. Then you'll be screening them from crew sch.

Just got the call myself the other day. No news about what a/c they are hiring into, However they did mention classes would begin late Feb to early Mar. Hope they like our stuff right Hoodabundy? Then we can give the old finger to Red-Tail.

It's hard to say what aircraft you'll get. The ATR is possible as senior FO's bid off of it. I'd think hard about bidding the 700. As a new hire you are committing yourself you many years of reserve. The pay is the same for the first year. After that the difference is only a couple hundred bucks a month. You can make that up swaping trips and having more control of your schedule. Yes, the 700 is a nicer airplane, but holding a line is worth more. When SLC opened, reserve for FO's went past 4 years. It's better now, and new hires are getting SLC, but they will be on reserve until the end of time. Think of this, most lineholders in SLC could be a CA in ATL. Point is, bid the ATR or 200 and enjoy your QOL. When the pay difference comes, then decide if you want it.

Bid the ATR, then bid the 700. They will bypass you, and give you 700 pay. As said before, there is no diff the first year but 2nd year is almost $4. It is the best QOL for 700 pay at ASA. And yes the ATR lines suck but reserve suck worse.

I would not bet on the ATR being gone in 18 months. BL said in the crew room that Skywest would like to hang on to them because they are very efficient and paid for. In fact, I've even heard rumors of getting a new turboprop (such as one of the new Dash 8s), especially if fuel prices stay high.

Having said that, RUN FAR AWAY FROM ASA. We are on the verge of a strike and the work rules suck. Pay is okay if you can survive the first year at $19,000. There are much better places to work if you can find another job. If you can't and if you like an unfriendly work environment, then come on over!

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but it's better to find out what you are getting into before you go. I can give you specifics on the workrules if you want.

Last edited:
blueridge71 said:
I would not bet on the ATR being gone in 18 months. BL said in the crew room that Skywest would like to hang on to them because they are very efficient and paid for. In fact, I've even heard rumors of getting a new turboprop (such as one of the new Dash 8s), especially if fuel prices stay high.

Having said that, RUN FAR AWAY FROM ASA. We are on the verge of a strike and the work rules suck. Pay is okay if you can survive the first year at $19,000. There are much better places to work if you can find another job. If you can't and if you like an unfriendly work environment, then come on over!

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but it's better to find out what you are getting into before you go. I can give you specifics on the workrules if you want.

Dude, put down the crack pipe. You really think we're going on strike?hahahalololololhahaha. Da-mn you're naive Company koolaide? nope. Its union crack for you my friend. That stuffs gonna really damage your mind. May have already done it.

Dash 8's...been a rumor for years. Since I was on the ATR. Believe it when you see the awards.

1st year pay sucks almost everywhere. Work rules are about the same too. A little better some places, a little worse others.

I said that we are on the verge of a strike. I definitely believe that we'll vote for one. Beyond that, it is up to the company and whether they want us to work or picket.

I pass along the Dash 8 rumor because I was told that by an IP recently. I'm skeptical of all rumors too.

I'm comparing the work rules to my old company. They suck.

Latest resources

Back