Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FmrFreightDog said:
DAL737FO,

I think the problem is not so much with having S3Cs. That much I can understand. The issue we as ASA pilots have is Delta employees having S3 priviledges on ASA flights. It seems a bit one sided that we are to be treated as second-class on your airline while you are treated like equals on ours. I think it's going to make for some hard feelings, as if there's not enough of those to go around already.

Unless you've seen something that I haven't, we will be S3C on ASA just like we are S3C on SkyWest. I have heard nothing to indicate that Delta employees will continue to receive S3 priority on ASA. I've seen a couple of posts about the arrogance of the mainline guys for pushing for this and I'm here to tell you that we have bigger fish to fry than to worry about pass priorities on ASA.

DAL737FO said:
Unless you've seen something that I haven't, we will be S3C on ASA just like we are S3C on SkyWest. I have heard nothing to indicate that Delta employees will continue to receive S3 priority on ASA. I've seen a couple of posts about the arrogance of the mainline guys for pushing for this and I'm here to tell you that we have bigger fish to fry than to worry about pass priorities on ASA.

Word around the campfire on the ASA side of the house is that you WILL have S3s on ASA. If that's the case, I think it's a bunch of crap.

I've commuted to CVG from the west coast for 3 years now. The ability to bid good days to work makes a huge difference so I've been able to commute on good commuting days. I have traveled around and have seen times where I've had to use a S2 and then was the only non-rev to get on board. However, most of the time, the only difference is(if you are able to select resonable flights) is whether or not your in First/Business or back in the cattle car.

Now, if you start to take a look at the NEW Delta schedules starting in Dec, maybe you'll start to freak a little. Less flights, smaller airplanes, commuting on a S3C could be pretty painful.

DAL737FO said:
I really don't know why there is such an outrage about these pass privledges. ASA was a wholly owned airline of Delta air lines and as such had DOH pass privledges just like Comair for non rev purposes. At the same time if you tried to fly on SkyWest you would have been an S3C status just like me as a mainline pilot. Now ASA is owned by SkyWest, not Delta, I would think that you would have DOH pass privledges on SkyWest and S3C on Delta now. Why would you think that you would have anything else? Not trying to throw salt in a wound but really want to know why you would keep the same pass privledges as Comair but not be wholly owned?

Here's a different slant, say you worked for UPS and had free shipping on UPS and a 25% discount at DHL and DHL employees get free shipping on DHL and a 25% discount at UPS. The next year you start to work for DHL but you still want the free shipping at UPS not the 25% discount the rest of the DHL employees get. Do you see that happening?

Actually, there IS a precedent (or so I've been told--don't know it first hand). My Alzheimer's is acting up today but DAL owned something called "world something or other", sold it and the employees kept their travel benefits. I am sorry I don't know the exact reference but yes, there is a precedent.

Does anyone know to what I am trying to refer?

Thanks.

And though you all may be technically correct, I stand by my point that this mean, selfish, selfserving, cold, and unfair. I like being nice to people and being treated nicely in return...is that too much to ask?

Cardenal said:
Actually, there IS a precedent (or so I've been told--don't know it first hand). My Alzheimer's is acting up today but DAL owned something called "world something or other", sold it and the employees kept their travel benefits. I am sorry I don't know the exact reference but yes, there is a precedent.

Does anyone know to what I am trying to refer?

Thanks.

And though you all may be technically correct, I stand by my point that this mean, selfish, selfserving, cold, and unfair. I like being nice to people and being treated nicely in return...is that too much to ask?

Worldspan.

As I recall all employees on property the day they were spun off kept their travel benefits, and all new employees received the S3C special. Seems pretty fair to me.

Latest resources

Back