• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ?'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry that people come on here and just start hijacking the thread. It is always that way with an ASA thread. Back to your question. I think people are only sitting reserve a couple of months. I wouldn't think that commute from florida is very easy. Maybe a florida commuter can chime in and let you know. I know there are a lot of commuting pilots out of florida that you have to compete with. You can basically get hired with just a heartbeat right know, hiring 40/month. Good luck to you. It is a great group of guys to work with here at ASA. Don't let some of the people on here discourage you. They don't represent everyone at ASA. I have flown with some good people there.

The commute from Hobby is beginning to get tougher. I commute on Wed/Sat; I have had one mainline flight in the last 5 months. The rest are the SKW 900's and an OCCASIONAL ASA 50/70. I am not dogging ASA but they are prone to cancel flights on a regular basis which loads up the other flights. Since Houston at one time was a Delta flight attendant base you have to deal with hire dates from the ealry 60's through 80's. We are all S3C on SKW so it is senority first for non-rev's. Airtran is a great alternative when they have a seat/jumpseat available. I have midafternoon duty ins and it seems lately that I have had to commute up the night before. Hope this helps.

I would have figured Houston would be an easier commute.. Is IAH any easier than Hobby?

Parking is expensive and a pain in the arse from the employee lot. They are about as many flights as HOU, but IAH used to be a PIlot and FA base so there are some real senior people there too. You have CAL as well but it is not east by any means.

Latest resources

Back