• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Rocks!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's one thing to drink kool-aid when your company is actively doing its best to undermine you. It's another thing to be positive when your company's performance is improving, which also means more money in your pocket and the potential ability to get more airframes, negating the chance of furloughs..

Then there's people like you, who think any management action, positive or not, is evil. And then, call anyone who supports a certain action by management a "kool-aid" drinker, but then fail to offer any alternative solutions of their own.

Maybe you should consider not working for a corporation. By working for one, you are supporting one, and that would make you a kool-aid drinker, too.

But we're all willing to hear some of your own ideas to make our situation better.

Hell yeah, I'm the original kool-aid drinker.
Hey Walter, I think he missed the houseboat party on Lake Powell last summer. Oh, yeaaah!
Didn't BH add auto dispense in the cockpits this past summer.
Damn my i-phone sux, I'm switchn to the Blackberry Storm. Way cooler.

Nope, I don't.

But I do know that there is just about nothing worth bragging about for a pilot at any regional in the US. Especially a completion factor when your paychecks are small enough that you could probably get food stamps.

Someday, when you check out as a Captain on your Big Boy Airplane, and it yields more than 1K per year, per seat on that airplane, will you have the privelage of berrating the regional guys and our pay. Until then, stow it- we're payed at a higher percentage than you, per seat. So up the bar, and shut your mouth.

Nope, I don't.

But I do know that there is just about nothing worth bragging about for a pilot at any regional in the US. Especially a completion factor when your paychecks are small enough that you could probably get food stamps.

Well, I don't think I am doing so bad here making a tidy $100 grand a year! Not bad at all.
Fly-boy, you don't know a lot about the better regionals do you?

Someday, when you check out as a Captain on your Big Boy Airplane, and it yields more than 1K per year, per seat on that airplane, will you have the privelage of berrating the regional guys and our pay. Until then, stow it- we're payed at a higher percentage than you, per seat. So up the bar, and shut your mouth.

I'm a regional captain. I've been one long enough to realize this is not a position to be proud of nor are the airlines we work for. I do my best to up the bar everytime I go to work but it is an uphill battle especially when you're surrounded by people with SJS.

Well, I don't think I am doing so bad here making a tidy $100 grand a year! Not bad at all.
Fly-boy, you don't know a lot about the better regionals do you?

I know that you'd be paid a lot better and have a lot better of a career if you were doing those same routes flying the same sized planes back when they were flown by mainline.

I'm a regional captain. I've been one long enough to realize this is not a position to be proud of nor are the airlines we work for. I do my best to up the bar everytime I go to work but it is an uphill battle especially when you're surrounded by people with SJS.

I know that you'd be paid a lot better and have a lot better of a career if you were doing those same routes flying the same sized planes back when they were flown by mainline.

You've been "one long enough" ehh? This was you in early 2006;

"Anyone know of jobs available in the Denver area for someone with 600TT/100ME other than flight instructing? I already have my resume out to all the flight schools... curious to see what else is... "

Wow, you've got tons of experience in a little over 2 years. Oh wait, are you still counting "PIC" time for the legs that you fly in the right seat as sole manipulator? Here's another one of your gems;

"I am a CRJ FO... I've been logging SIC time when I'm the pilot not flying and PIC time when I'm the pilot flying, due to the fact that I'm the sole manipulator of the controls."

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1225037#post1225037

Yeah, you've been one long enough, I'm sure! You must be so proud over there at Pinnacle...

Last edited:
You've been "one long enough" ehh? This was you in early 2006;

"Anyone know of jobs available in the Denver area for someone with 600TT/100ME other than flight instructing? I already have my resume out to all the flight schools... curious to see what else is... "

Wow, you've got tons of experience in a little over 2 years. Oh wait, are you still counting "PIC" time for the legs that you fly in the right seat as sole manipulator? Here's another one of your gems;

"I am a CRJ FO... I've been logging SIC time when I'm the pilot not flying and PIC time when I'm the pilot flying, due to the fact that I'm the sole manipulator of the controls."

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1225037#post1225037

Yeah, you've been one long enough, I'm sure! You must be so proud over there at Pinnacle...

Wow, I have to admit, I'm impressed. In all honesty, I'm not any of the above... the resume I have really depends on what the discussion entails. Right now I'm furloughed, so I can't really say I'm even an airline pilot.

But I do wish things were better in the industry.

I'm calling BS on all of your posts. No way you're a furloughed regional captain after having gotten into the regional game after 2006 with 600hrs when you got hired. On that note, what regional furloughed captains in the past few months?

Wow. Some punk who didn't even want to flight instruct now griping about being "surrounded by SJS". These guys always seem to get religion after they've secured a job for themselves. Reminds me of another frequent poster we have here.

Latest resources

Back