ASA "Roadmap to STRIKE"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Adam:

Your post is flame bait. We are not talking pay increases. We are talking scheduling changes more than anything else.

Why don't you pull up that three day trip to BTR that costs the company more than $2,000 in hotel rooms and per diem, but pays the pilots three hours of block. It is that sort of blatant disregard for our quality of life that we are fighting.

This Company could have a contract, but their attack on what little scope we have and scheduling seals the deal for me. I'll vote to shut this place down, laugh and not look back.

AdamKooper said:
I'll be voting NO on any strike vote.

Be sure to by the name brand lube and not the generic...I hear it takes some of the sting out of it. And you are gonna want to put a pretty generous portion...make sure you get it both on and around the orphis...

Fins is right...I call flaim bait!!

GO AROUND said:
777 Jackpot, you actually think the union and others havn't tried to work with the company to reduce cost elsewhere? They are as receptive to that as we are to the proposal they just put out.

You keep saying the CNC and union should have produced something by now but you don't say how they were supposed to do that. How does one negotiate or bargain when the other side doesn't bargain or negotiate.

Maybe if you brought them milk and cookies or pizza managment would change their attitude? The company says we're asking for too much and we say they're full of SH*T. I havn't heard managment saying they will take an 8% paycut along side us. Why is it that only the pilot costs have grown above acceptability? I call BS on that! There are so many gross inefficiencies in our company that have been brought to the attention of managment(many from myself) and they are still happening on a daily basis.

If your not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

NO! Of course I think the union has suggested ideas to cut costs elsewere, but, two things: 1)the cost savings weren't sufficient enough and 2)they were proposed by the union itself. Thats part of the hinderence [#2] to any effective communication and teamwork. Management does and always will view the union as a financial cancer, and rightly so, simple as that. Unfortunately with that being said, anything suggested by them (ALPA) is going to be immediately tarnished by years and years of managment - union conflicts (not limited to just at ASA), making any rational bargining next to impossibe.

Unfortunetly, it this case, the solution you repetedly refer to IS the problem.

goodto50meters said:
OK, lets re-cap:

1. You have NEVER attended an LEC meeting. This explains half of why you dont seem to want to be part of the solution by getting involved at the minimal level.

2. Well if you want to take the tact of just insulting the guy, no shiott it wont go over well. Why dont you introduce yourself and offer some ideas instead? Help make you union better. These guys are busting their ass 777. Against a management that has had an anti pilot mentality for a decade.

3. Descent idea here. The problem is, your management friends wont have anything to do with working with our pilots as a group. Only if they have dictatorial power over the process has it ever interested them here at ASA. The ASAP program is a perfect example. They wanted to deviate from the standard industry program and modify it so as to still be able to punitively go after pilots which flies in the face of the whole purpose of the program. The relationship is littered with crap like this, always a loophole to drive LaBrecques Benz through. I am open to your #3 when they show they can be trusted. We are about as far away from trust as you can get. It will have to be earned.

4. Ok, so getting rid of the union is going magically make management benevolent and respect the pilot group? Puck Mugger is right, you may need professional help if you beleive this. 2% is the best insurance policy I could have at this place.

5. If you actually could have a cordial conversation with your MEC reps and volunteers, many have had extensive experience with the crowd the company has at the table, they would enlighten you as to their behavior and tactics all led by the managment law firm Ford & Harrison. BTW, there are acording to the last Abort newsletter put out a few weeks ago, 50+ people you could talk to.

6. The only thing laBrecque has done so far is fire Chuck Thibaudeau that is noteworthy good. Other than that he is trying to pick my pocket in order to add to the record profits of this and our parent airline. NO! He has done nothing to improve the work experience here nor has he reigned in the attacks on the current contract. And he is lying about the pass benefits not being final...they are, he just didnt want a disaster during the holidays.

Have a good New Year

As for this...

#2) I absolutely, 100% agree with you, but unfortunetly all of there hard work is in vain, because of their union association.

AdamKooper said:
I'll be voting NO on any strike vote.

Maybe you need to raise your expectations. If Mom and Dad keep sending you those deposits to your checking account you will probably feel secure. Some of the pilots here are wanting to make this a better place for all employees. Management always takes good care of themselves. I assume that you are one of those or at the very least a management suck a**!

If you are bored take some scissors and cut holes in your pants pocket so you can have a little something else to play with and maybe stay off Mom and Dad's computer!

:laugh:puck, that was AWESOME. I just about fell off the chair laughing!

777...You are truely a jackass! Idiots like you are a fungus on the balls of the piloting profession!

Tomct said:
:laugh:puck, that was AWESOME. I just about fell off the chair laughing!

777...You are truely a jackass! Idiots like you are a fungus on the balls of the piloting profession!

Ya know at one time I might have taken offense to that, but 1) your obviously a dinosaur wanting things to go back to the "Good Ol' Days", in which case I'll wait 2 years for you to retire. 2) The "profession" you speak of needs to grow a set of balls before they can grow any sort of fungus.

Puck Mugger said:
BTW, that funny smell is Brian Labreques pubes in your nostrils.

777_Jackpot said:
Ya know at one time I might have taken offense to that

So.......are you saying......that you like pubes in your nostrils? 'Cause that's what it sounds like. :confused:

Latest resources

Back