Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

210FR8DOG

I would like some opinions please.

I will be in Atlanta this week so I could hand deliver a resume' to ASA. They are my first choice of regionals because I am from the DFW area and really want to get back there bad. I don't know ANYONE at ASA. Is this a good move or is it considered a little too bold? Or does it just depend on the recruiters at each airline. I know if I were a recruiter I would be impressed with someone who took the time and energy to come by, nicely dressed, and hand-deliver a resume'. I sure don't want to make anyone mad and ruin my chances, though.

Thanks a lot for any advice, especially if anyone could chime in from ASA!!!!

Jeff ~2700/300multi

ASA Interview

I Interviewed back in November and I am currently in the pool. I know that from my own interview that the folks in ATL are a great group of people at ASA. I would say that you go with your gut feeling. It is my feeling that I don't think you would hurt your chances of getting hired there if you did walk a reume in. Hope this helps, maybe some of the current guys from ASA can help

I would say that stopping by to drop off your resume couldn't hurt at all. Good luck catching someone to give it too though. They aren't around a lot, since we aren't hiring.

I'd say though if it is costing you any good amount of $$ to go to ATL for this reason alone, then I wouldn't waste it. We are not hiring, and no one can see the need for a new hire class for the rest of this year at least.

We are shrinking this year due to the Brasilia's being retired. Also, the jet deliveries are not keeping up with the retirements. Also, we are being replaced by Comair and CHQ on many more routes than we are gaining. All in all, once all the Brasilia guys are retrained on the jet we will be overstaffed. Those of us on the Brasilia should be done training around November or so. I would guess the company will have a better idea of necessary manning levels once that is done.

Also, with the CHQ pilots talking like they need to undercut the Mesa guys in order to keep their already underpaid jobs, I'd guess Delta will probably increase their share while turning the screws on us to drop down to their level and sacrifice the few gains we have made in our working agreement. I would look for that to be a nasty fight if it comes to it. (A little disclaimer, I know the CHQ pilots haven't caved yet. I believe, based on my experience with them while at ALG, they will. Tough for them to have to deal with a weak union and a group like Wexford.)

thanks

Thanks guys. No it will not cost me any $ at all. I am staying in a hotel about 3 blocks from there doing a special run for Fright Express. All it will cost me is the time to walk or drive over there. I know the situation is bleak, but all I can do is try.

Fly safe,

Jeff

As stated earlier, i doubt very seriously anyone will be there to take it other than the receptionist, so when the hiring dept gets it, they wont even know that you came by. Saying this, i would write some kind of cover letter stating that you came by and checked out the he place, etc.
Go to the 3rd floor, get off the elevators and take a left, walk right to the secretary there and ask her if anyone in hiring is there. You might get lucky!

ASA is a great place and a very professional pilot group. You should go for it if you have the time, You might just get lucky. The only downfall of ASA is that it's still operated as a mom and pop operation at the big silver palace. It's a beautiful building with a bunch of locked doors. If you can find someone willing to help you then you're luck just doubled if they don't lose it by the time you leave.

Good luck and I say you're on the right track.

Try to get into FlightSafety around lunch time. There will be a lot of ASA pilots and Instructors eating in the break area upstairs. You might be able to get some info there.

FYI, I heard from a friend of mine in the training dept that there may be some limited hiring by the end of the year. The re-training of EMB pilots is winding down. We may have another Western expansion (DFW or beyond) before the end of the year.

Good luck!

thanks again

Thanks a lot guys,

bailout- thanks for the directions, I'll hit the 3rd floor and see what happens.

Old Crow- I've seen the building. It is beautiful. Would you believe I actually just sit outside on the benches one day just soaking up the aura of the place? I know, sick huh?

Sleepy- I'll try Flight Safety too. Thanks a lot. I've been walking past those buildings a few times since we do a lot of flying into ATL and park at Mercury which is right there. I'm just now getting some desent(sp?) multi time though so I figured I'd start getting more serious.

Jeff

Latest resources

Back