• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Medeco

SQUIB
Hey guys/girls,

Any of you reserves noticed a problem with Etrip showing different rest times?

Arent we required to get 11hrs domicile rest after finishing an assignment in? the contract did not define it other than a "pilot" shall get 11hrs.

If I duty out at 20:00 and my normal on call is 18:00, shouldnt I go on at 19:00, for 11hrs rest.

I am noticing on the reserve list that some are getting this and some are not.

Anybody had to remind scheduling to fix this?

Medeco

You are correct. Scheduling should be doing it automatically, but if they don't, a gentle reminder usually fixes this. If not, call PD.

You are correct. Scheduling should be doing it automatically, but if they don't, a gentle reminder usually fixes this. If not, call PD.

Why Pete before a chief pilot? Seems to me the order is:

1. Scheduler
2. Scheduling supervisor (most issues stop here)
3. Chief Pilot (Can't imagine an issue where you are correct going past here)
4. Union

1. Scheduler
4. Union

I agree that the above is the correct chain of command, but calling PD serves two purposes. He usually gets results quicker, and he logs the data so the union has ammo to pressure the company to fix whatever problems people are calling about.

And honestly, I wouldn't want to bother the chief pilot on call for anything other than serious stuff. PD, on the other hand, loves getting calls.

11 sheduled, reduced to 9 is allowed

1. Scheduler
4. Union

I would like to add that going to the contract and looking it up yourself before going to the chief pilot would do wonders before stepping a foot into his office. You would probably do more harm by going in there without finding the answer yourself, and then asking him if it's legal per the contract. Take it for what it's worth.

scheduling "forgets" to make it 11hrs a lot. Some do seem to be honest mistakes. It happend to me the other day. Getting done with ready at midnight. The scheduler said see you back at 0900. I said I need 11hrs. She tripped all over herlself in apologies and made it 1100hrs. Not a big deal. But you do have to correct them. What pisses me off is when the jackass the next morning calls you before your new adjusted start time to notify you of a trip just because it still says reserve 9 on etrip. I actually had one call me twice and then mark me as UOR, all because they are too lazy to read.

11 sheduled, reduced to 9 is allowed

Not quite. Eleven required, which may be reduced to 9 following an operational delay.

"The Company will schedule a pilot for at least eleven (11) hours of rest following a duty period that ends in his domicile, and a pilot will receive at least nine (9) hours of rest following a duty period that ends in domicile if thereduction is due to an operational delay."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back