• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA reserve callout times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know they can't force you to be there before you 2 hour period (i.e. C09, the earliest you have to phycially be at the airport is 11am), but what about when they assign you a trip that's 2-3 days in advance when you are still on duty. I've noticed they have given several people assignments that duty in before thier on call period even begins, say an 8:35am duty in the first day back from off days even though you are C09. I know they can do it if they call you the night before and adjust your duty day to end before it normally would. Could they try and tack a 6:30 am show on you 3 days in advance if you were a C09 or C12?

I know they can't force you to be there before you 2 hour period (i.e. C09, the earliest you have to phycially be at the airport is 11am), but what about when they assign you a trip that's 2-3 days in advance when you are still on duty. I've noticed they have given several people assignments that duty in before thier on call period even begins, say an 8:35am duty in the first day back from off days even though you are C09. I know they can do it if they call you the night before and adjust your duty day to end before it normally would. Could they try and tack a 6:30 am show on you 3 days in advance if you were a C09 or C12?

Yup. It's the same if you look the other way, for instance if you have an overnight that goes beyond your call period and into the next call period. Same thing, nothing wrong with that. The days you are on reserve are all working days.

They will also change your reserve period for a day to accomodate a trip that falls outside of your regular schedule if nobody else is available.

-Brett

They will also change your reserve period for a day to accomodate a trip that falls outside of your regular schedule if nobody else is available.

Well, kinda.

They can adjust your reserve on-call schedule for rest issues (i.e., you have R04 but they give you a 1 PM duty in, makes no sense to have you on call since 4 am if they can notify you a day early), but they can't adjust it for company convenience. If they call you one day to change your period from one to another without a trip assignment, that's not allowed.

Well, kinda.

They can adjust your reserve on-call schedule for rest issues (i.e., you have R04 but they give you a 1 PM duty in, makes no sense to have you on call since 4 am if they can notify you a day early), but they can't adjust it for company convenience. If they call you one day to change your period from one to another without a trip assignment, that's not allowed.

Okay, that makes sense. I got this gem a few days ago and couldn't figure out it's purpose. Thanks for the explanation.

There. 4 days advanced notice on C06. Same with the last few trips. I've got nothing to complain about.

-Brett

I haven't been on reserve since the new contract has been implemented, but I would second the notion that two hours is the minimum. I have had instances where they have called me and asked me what was the minimum time I would need to get to the airport. TWO hours is the answer. If you answer anything less, you are simply screwing yourself...

The two hour call out is a necessary evil, but evil nevertheless.

Latest resources

Back