• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA relief line question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everything at ASA takes months to resolve.

You can also pick up trips on a relief line on top of reserve days, that replace the reserve duty all together.

A line relief pilot is a line holder. Our contract makes a clear difference between "reserve line holders" (section 13.M) and "line holders on reserve" (section 13.J). A "reserve line holder must call scheduling to be released. A "line holder on reserve" is not governed by that section and is not required to call.

That said, there is a pending grievance on this issue because ASA is going for yet another "creative interpretation". Stay tuned for the result in a year or two.

Meanwhile, when I'm on relief and I have a trip assigned on a reserve day, I never call, and have never heard a word about it.

As for the second question, yes, you are being "extended" and get paid accordingly. Once they assign you a relief/reserve trip, you are no longer on reserve. Don't let them treat you like it.

Relief holders should become familiar with sections 13.M (reserve lineholder) and 13.J (line holder on reserve) and know the differences for when they try to screw you.

WF

Not covered by the contract so of course ASA sees it how they want to.

You are a relief line holder, not a reserve line holder so I see it as any reserve rules do not apply to you. Good luck in getting ASA to read it this way.

I never called on relief.

Please don't make me fire you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back