• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FmrFreightDog

Py-lote
Ok, contract gurus....

If you are holding a relief line with some reserve days on it, and you are given a trip, are you required to call scheduling after completing the trip, as a reserve line holder is?

Secondly, if you are given a trip and then have an additional round trip tacked on to the end, is it paid at the regular rate or considered and extension and paid at time and a half?

The contract doesn't specifically say.

So far as a reserve day, if you get a trip, you still have to call once complete if you're on reserve that day. Just like a reserve lineholder would.

An extention is not a junior manning.

It's time and a half if you're over guarentee for the month. If you are under gurantee, then the block or credit time gets tacked on top of the 75.

When I was at ASA this was never resolved. A relief line IS a line, the contract says that "line holders" don't have to contact scheduling after completing a trip. The union said that when on a reserve day and CS assigns a trip, then that trip becomes a "part of your line" and you don't have to contct them after the trips completion. CS would argue this, stating "your a reserve pilot today."

Bottom line: When I was on a relief line, reserve day, and flying a trip (always a short call at that abortion of an airline) I would complete the trip--and leave wtih no call to CS.

Wanna really stir some sh1t up? When on reserve (regular reserve) and they assign you a round trip, then tell you "you're released from the airport." Ask them "OK, then do you want me to duty out?" They'll say, "uh 15 mins from when you set the brake (dumba$$)." And you say, "so when do I start my 11 hours rest in domicile?" They'll say "what???"

If you "duty out" then your entitled to 11 rest in domicile. If they tell you, you are released from the airport, then you haven't dutied out (assuming you dutied in earlier.)

If you usually have a reserve time of 5a-8p, that only leaves 9 hours before you start on call (or end of rest). They owe you 11 hours in domicile, make sure you get it.

don't call them--you are not a reserve line holder

i

I never do, but I mainly want to know if I can claim time and a half if I get extended on a reserve assignment while holding a relief line.

As an aside, where is it printed that a reserve line holder is obligated to call scheduling at the end of a trip. I realize it's common practice, but I can't find it in print anywhere.

I would call them. If you don't call and they have a trip for you they could give you an "unavailable on reserve" or a no-show. Sure you could grieve it, but it could take months to resolve using that process.

Latest resources

Back