• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Ready Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is doing something that we've needed for a long time and that is to educate our reserve pilots about the (weak) protections that this contract affords our reserves. I will say this, I can guarantee that pilots will be reading the next contract we get to vote on very closely for loopholes and vagaries that the company has proven they will exploit when it suits them. Weak language = A "NO" vote from us!

We don't want to make the company unable to compete for business, we just want some solid quality of life protections against a scheduling department that sometimes fails to see us as people with lives and families outside of work.

Agreed. The issue seems to be that many in scheduling view their position as an authoritative one, with power at their fingertips. Just this past reserve cycle I finally got released, with quite a "saga" by a scheduler. She made it VERY apparent that I was being released only because there was nothing else they could put me on, and that they were going to "have" to let me go. More the tone than anything that pi$$ed me off. Look- I pulled my weight for 6 days straight, so TFB if you're ticked because I finally get to go home to my family.

The fat man with the pony tail that was in charge of scheduling came in to the new hire classes this summer. He got the idea he was better than those who were set to pay their dues and pull their weight too. So he proceeded to make it known to the new hire pilots that "the contract was going to be used against them to it's fullest extent". Who is dumb enough to tell a pilot that???? Apparently this guy.

I'm all about working to keep this place going to get ahead. However, all I'm asking for is a life outside of work, in return. That's it- just that simple. Let me enjoy my days off without stupid auto dialers that light my cellphone up like an amusement park 10 times a day, or attitudes that induce a stroke.............

I'm all about working to keep this place going to get ahead. However, all I'm asking for is a life outside of work, in return. That's it- just that simple. Let me enjoy my days off without stupid auto dialers that light my cellphone up like an amusement park 10 times a day, or attitudes that induce a stroke.............

You're expecting way too much. Unfortunately, over years and years of no mainline hiring, and the mental anguish associated with working here, it pains me to admit that I (we) work for a third-world company, and it's high time for me to bail out on the career altogether.

Fat men with pony tails running your life. This is the company you have chosen, and now reside in. It truly is an institution-- like being in the penitentiary. But at least in the pen, the warden has a college degree. Something to think about...

Agreed. The issue seems to be that many in scheduling view their position as an authoritative one, with power at their fingertips. Just this past reserve cycle I finally got released, with quite a "saga" by a scheduler. She made it VERY apparent that I was being released only because there was nothing else they could put me on, and that they were going to "have" to let me go. More the tone than anything that pi$$ed me off. Look- I pulled my weight for 6 days straight, so TFB if you're ticked because I finally get to go home to my family.

The fat man with the pony tail that was in charge of scheduling came in to the new hire classes this summer. He got the idea he was better than those who were set to pay their dues and pull their weight too. So he proceeded to make it known to the new hire pilots that "the contract was going to be used against them to it's fullest extent". Who is dumb enough to tell a pilot that???? Apparently this guy.

You have summed up the Brad H. experience in a few short paragraphs. You were warned, B.H. will exploit any gaps in the contract and will even violate it, if it is cost effective on his side. Welcome to the dysfunctional SKYW "family" The SKYW way works when they have a captive audience, ie thousands of pilots waiting to get in the door, when it comes to motivating the employee group with genuine organic team building processes they implode. SKYW Inc has organic issues that may not be overcome, they are change and risk aversive to a fault. The near and more distant future will be interesting to say the least. B.H. moved up the SKYW food chain due to his essentially ruthless nature, beware

Last edited:
This thread is doing something that we've needed for a long time and that is to educate our reserve pilots about the (weak) protections that this contract affords our reserves. I will say this, I can guarantee that pilots will be reading the next contract we get to vote on very closely for loopholes and vagaries that the company has proven they will exploit when it suits them. Weak language = A "NO" vote from us!

We don't want to make the company unable to compete for business, we just want some solid quality of life protections against a scheduling department that sometimes fails to see us as people with lives and families outside of work.

This thread gave me a headache. I can't believe the stuff you guys have to put up with! Autodialers, ACARS and release and station notifications, 8 hour ready reserve extendable to 10, back two back ready reserve, 6 ready reserve assignments a month, calling to get released, geez already!!!

Yes, this is absolutely not the case. I received an FOM violation for not calling block plus 15mins. You must call within 15 minutes of blocking in!

I've no doubt that alone would be a NO vote for a joint contract if they tried to introduce that at XJT. On reserve we can check the computer at 16 mins past block in and if there's nothing there you go home. Most guys take a screen shot on their phone in case they try to say that they had added something.

Anyone else creeped out every time they log onto xjet.com and see that asian lady holding a bag of her hair?

I've no doubt that alone would be a NO vote for a joint contract if they tried to introduce that at XJT. On reserve we can check the computer at 16 mins past block in and if there's nothing there you go home. Most guys take a screen shot on their phone in case they try to say that they had added something.

Are u automatically released to rest or are u back on call for the rest of ur duty period?

Latest resources

Back