Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Ready reserve. Go 15min after last flight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The new PBS agreement requires that RR's stay until the last flights have left EVEN AFTER MIDNITE.

So if there has been an IROP that night, you may not get released until 01:00-02:00 or later. Pay attention to this expressjet guys. You sit 4 hours airport RR now. Get ready for 8,9,10, hours.

Who signed off on this pile. Oh yeah, the guys who have NEVER sat RR. Did we get anything for it?

Last edited:
The new PBS agreement requires that RR's stay until the last flights have left EVEN AFTER MIDNITE.

So if there has been an IROP that night, you may not get released until 01:00-02:00 or later. Pay attention to this expressjet guys. You sit 4 hours airport RR now. Get ready for 8,9,10, hours.

Who signed off on this pile. Oh yeah, the guys who have NEVER sat RR. Did we get anything for it?

They still cannot make you actually sit for over 8 hrs. If you have done nothing for 8 hrs you still get released. However if you get a trip on reserve and get back at say midnight, if you have the duty time they can put you on ready reserve if an IROP day has been declared.

At XJT, ready reserve is 4 hours or half hour after the last aircraft is airborne. They cannot assign it before the first flight of the day. It's automatic release, no need to call. Also it's 4 hours of pay or trip credit, whichever is greater. They can only assign it 6 times a month and not on consecutive days or the last day in your block of reserve days.

I probably got some details wrong so please correct me if I'm wrong.

They still cannot make you actually sit for over 8 hrs. If you have done nothing for 8 hrs you still get released. However if you get a trip on reserve and get back at say midnight, if you have the duty time they can put you on ready reserve if an IROP day has been declared.

They can and do. Last time I did RRR here is what happened. After 7 hours and 50 minutes they called me for a round trip that left in an hour. Close to 9 hours of waiting. After the round trip, I got assigned an overnight. 8 hours of RRR turned into a 15 hour duty day. This seems to happen about every other time I'm on RRR.

Can they still assign us a flight that departs two hours after the end of our Ready Reserve period or did they change it to an hour?

You guys cannot get it two days in a row? Get ready for 3 in a row.

They can and do. Last time I did RRR here is what happened. After 7 hours and 50 minutes they called me for a round trip that left in an hour. Close to 9 hours of waiting. After the round trip, I got assigned an overnight. 8 hours of RRR turned into a 15 hour duty day. This seems to happen about every other time I'm on RRR.

Can they still assign us a flight that departs two hours after the end of our Ready Reserve period or did they change it to an hour?

Yeah they can do that, but they can't make you sit and not do anything for over 8 hrs. The contract says if you haven't had an assignment after 8 hrs you will be released.

Can only assign 1 hr after the period is over and no more than 3 hrs out too.

You guys cannot get it two days in a row? Get ready for 3 in a row.

HA HA We don't do that now and surely won't agree to any contract with crap like that. I can't believe they can assign you something after your time is up. We have 4 hrs and that is it. They can't assign us anything over the 4hrs not even 1 minute later. ******************** that sounds worse than MESA

Latest resources

Back