• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Hey all you ASA guys/gals:

How many pilots do you have on your seniority list?

Thanks...

Jungle Prop said:
I think we have between 1800-2000 pilots on the list.

Sen # 1791 is the lowest I can find on the list taken from the latest prelim award, and he was on the ATR.

That is misleading, because we only update the list twice a year, and only then does the list reflect an accurate #, since we have many people leaving it is probable somewhere 50 to 100 less than 1791.

Medeco

Yesturday, about 4 years ago. The people hiring in now may never upgrade because there is not sufficient growth in our fleet type and Delta will not last that long.

Try the search feature on this web site for these very frequently repeated questions.

Last edited:
Medeco said:
Sen # 1791 is the lowest I can find on the list taken from the latest prelim award, and he was on the ATR.

That is misleading, because we only update the list twice a year, and only then does the list reflect an accurate #, since we have many people leaving it is probable somewhere 50 to 100 less than 1791.

Medeco

1791... Sweet! I must have upgraded without knowing it!

I think Medeco means 1791 pilots total.

Most junior capt (which happened to be an ATR upgrade) was in the low 1200 range.

Regarding the possibility suggested that you may never upgrade, about half of our pilots are negative about the future of ASA, the other half are quite optimistic.

The thing that really sucks is when you happen to be one of the optimistic employees and you get stuck flying with someone who complains like their life is horrible.

From the optimistic side:

Our training department continues to bring in 40 to 50 new F.O.'s every month. This in itself is a huge indication that Delta has continued high hopes for ASA. I'm not sure what the monetary investment is of putting 50 through training, but I imagine it is significant.

We are getting a good number of airplanes.

Contract will come around eventually.

Company is decent.

Attrition is increasing. (hopefully by the people who complain so much)

All I have to say is:

Where is my heartburn medication?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back