• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Profit Margin Second Quarter 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally I like LJ, and JB for that matter. That doesn't mean that I agree with their politics, and they both know better than to try to convert me. That doesn't mean that I don't find them both pleasant people to be around. But then again, I am not going to tell anyone here who they should or should not like.

And as far as personal attacks, I seem to remember reading personal attacks from YOU about just about every ALPA volunteer out there. You don't like the CNC, the P2Ps, the MEC, or anyhone else. So I would quit throwing those stones at your glass walls.

I haven't personally attacked anyone. I simply disagree with those of you who believe ALPA is doing the right thing. It isn't personal, I just think management is winning and ALPA is losing.

Last edited:
And yet, you seem to believe everything that management tells us. I have YET to see to badmouth ANYTHING about ANY management proposal.

Then you aren't reading very well. I said I don't really like PBS. I also said anyone would be an idiot to believe everything EITHER side says. I don't like everything in this is proposal, but I also don't like watching our highest paid aircraft being transferred to Skywest.

I haven't personally attacked anyone. I simply disagree with those of you believe ALPA is doing the right thing. It isn't personal, I just think management is winning and ALPA is losing.

So you're aligning yourself with your perceived winners ASADrivel? What are they winning? They aren't winning any fans over at Delta with their mismanagement of the ATL station. Nor at SKYW. Just look at the performance numbers, then the letters that blame it on everything except management! CAN'T BE THEIR FAULT! IT'S THE PILOTS!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I haven't personally attacked anyone. I simply disagree with those of you who believe ALPA is doing the right thing. It isn't personal, I just think management is winning and ALPA is losing.
Your like the neighbor that pulls for the team that is in first place, or better yet the player on the team that bad mouths his team mates because they just lost. I can see it now your team is down by 5 points and instead of rallying them you start complaining about how bad the coach is!
Oh well......

Your like the neighbor that pulls for the team that is in first place, or better yet the player on the team that bad mouths his team mates because they just lost. I can see it now your team is down by 5 points and instead of rallying them you start complaining about how bad the coach is!
Oh well......

No I see reality, something ALPA doesn't see. Tell me how you see our current strategy winning. What great outcome do you see happening?

Oh well......
Stupidest post ever, because you know everyone and everything.

Then you aren't reading very well. I said I don't really like PBS. I also said anyone would be an idiot to believe everything EITHER side says. I don't like everything in this is proposal, but I also don't like watching our highest paid aircraft being transferred to Skywest.

OK, so we settle tomorrow on your terms. How can you guarantee the aircraft transfers will stop? I think they won't. Skywest will still be flying 70 seaters cheaper than us due to their blended rate.

As soon as we settle, the skywest pilots will take a pay cut. Skywest management does not see the union drive as a serious deterrent. The aircraft transfers will continue, and management will come back to the ASA pilots asking for concessions to stop the transfers. "If only we had PBS and a single rate, we might be able to 'win' those aircraft back..." will be their mantra.

Taking concessions for growth is a graveyard spiral. Only a total naieve fool could fail to see that!

OK, so we settle tomorrow on your terms. How can you guarantee the aircraft transfers will stop? I think they won't. Skywest will still be flying 70 seaters cheaper than us due to their blended rate.

As soon as we settle, the skywest pilots will take a pay cut. Skywest management does not see the union drive as a serious deterrent. The aircraft transfers will continue, and management will come back to the ASA pilots asking for concessions to stop the transfers. "If only we had PBS and a single rate, we might be able to 'win' those aircraft back..." will be their mantra.

Taking concessions for growth is a graveyard spiral. Only a total naieve fool could fail to see that!

:rolleyes:But John, we beat skywst by almost more than 5% in earnings. Yeah they are cheaper due to their blended rate, but WE are making MORE MONEY! We all know why they "think" skywst is cheaper....they don't have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a quarter sending "lost bags" to passengers. WE DO!!! That is why we are more expensive than skywst...below the wing costs, NOT pilot costs. They just want US (the pilots) to fix their inability to manage with paycuts and push blame elsewhere. They can GFTS!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back