• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Prelim Award 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that is actually worth something. Much better... Now only if the pairings could transform over night like the prelim...

So now we are up to 71 FOs suddenly in IAD?

Also, look's like there are plenty FOs bidding for DTW, lot's of people guaranteed it was going to junior and new-hires would be forced up there...

Looking at the latest Prelim, I see a number of people who live in ATL that have probably never had to commute and will now be commuting between two Delta Hubs with all of the Delta/Comair/Airtran commuters. Unless they're planning on making the move, I think they'll be unpleasantly surprised at how difficult that commute really is. The question becomes, is it worth following the 700 and or the better trips?

The question becomes, is it worth following the 700 and or the better trips?

Only if you move there are commute anyway from somewhere that is not a Delta hub. I came to my senses after tracking the loads for the ATL-DTW commute both ways and pulled my bid to stay on the POS 200 in base. Its not pretty. The guys attempting that commute will be for a shock. They're only hope getting to DTW is the days when there are early morning 777s. And there are some days when the 777 is full.

Only if you move there are commute anyway from somewhere that is not a Delta hub. I came to my senses after tracking the loads for the ATL-DTW commute both ways and pulled my bid to stay on the POS 200 in base. Its not pretty. The guys attempting that commute will be for a shock. They're only hope getting to DTW is the days when there are early morning 777s. And there are some days when the 777 is full.

It almost ALWAYS leaves full. Even if the loads don't show it. Check it right before departure, it'll be stacked with HKs and S3s.

From what I've seen on the Capt's side there are some guys bidding to DTW that I know live in ATL. I'm assuming they are gonna try the commute(mabye a few will move up there?). I have a feeling within a month or two of the ATL-DTW commute, you're going to see some people putting in for domicile swaps back to ATL if they can find someone willing to swap back with them.

Side note: Anyone know if they intend to do a prelim every day until Sunday night?

I guess no Prelim tonight!?! You'd think with SkyWest IT they'd come up with a real-time standing bid software, like a real airline.

How do Cr7 captains get displaced to the 200 or DTW by 200 captains in Atl that are not getting displaced, senior guys? Is this an open bid?

How do Cr7 captains get displaced to the 200 or DTW by 200 captains in Atl that are not getting displaced, senior guys? Is this an open bid?

Ya that part of the last prelim was incorrect. Should be corrected for the next one....assuming there is another one before Monday.

Latest resources

Back