ASA pilots take your lunch break.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er2

Aren't you sick of scrambling to eat on short turns in ATL and 25 min turns at outstations. These turns always happen around lunch time.

They recognize your need for nutrition. Getting your nutrition doesn't mean eating on the flight deck. During a long day of flying I would think you deserve a 30 or so min break to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner.

They don't give us crew meals so you have to do what you can. Then tell them crew delay on nutritional needs.

Aren't you sick of scrambling to eat on short turns in ATL and 25 min turns at outstations. These turns always happen around lunch time.

They recognize your need for nutrition. Getting your nutrition doesn't mean eating on the flight deck. During a long day of flying I would think you deserve a 30 or so min break to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner.

They don't give us crew meals so you have to do what you can. Then tell them crew delay on nutritional needs.
everyone bitched about long breaks in ATL and other places....now I'm hearing the same ones bitch about no time to eat.....

When you take a break the whole crews goes together, regardless. Don't let one crewmember feel the delay is all on them....

that's SO unprofessional.....taking time to eat while you work....especially as a pilot. You should be ashamed. You're already overpaid, only work 3 days a week, travel international, retire at 60.....and now we need to EAT? I bet you guys always do the breast upcharge at Popeye's, since you make so much money. Me, I eat dark meat....it's all I can afford.

Jeez!

everyone bitched about long breaks in ATL and other places....now I'm hearing the same ones bitch about no time to eat.....

Everyone OhPlease? You must have a hell of an information gathering equipment to be able to speak for everyone. I don't bitch about not having time to eat. I just tell ops I'm out for lunch and will be back shortly, along with the rest of my crew.

VOTED IN FAVOR!
www.nopilotleftbehind.com

You can change your vote if you regret voting for the JoeMerchantCoalition! Just go back and change your ballot!

Everyone OhPlease? You must have a hell of an information gathering equipment to be able to speak for everyone. I don't bitch about not having time to eat. I just tell ops I'm out for lunch and will be back shortly, along with the rest of my crew.

VOTED IN FAVOR!
www.nopilotleftbehind.com
You can change your vote if you regret voting for the JoeMerchantCoalition! Just go back and change your ballot!
Ok. sorry, I forget you and a FEW others take EVERYTHING literally and cannot be reasonable about ANYTHING AT ALL.....Let me re-phrase my statement......Many people bitched about long breaks and now many of those same people are bitching about no breaks at all.....better?......No real need to even tell ops. Your are "in charge" of your crew and if a break is needed, you and your crew should take that break. I assure you I do and I make sure each person on my crew gets a break if needed. I don't build the schedules. Its their game. I just play in it and I'm NOT going to skip meals when I'm hungry because they didn't allow for time or if we're behind for ANY reason.

The thing that REALLY concerns me about you and several others is the fact that you guy's/gal's are involved with ALPA and have a chance to make or change policy.

Ok. sorry, I forget you and a FEW others take EVERYTHING literally and cannot be reasonable about ANYTHING AT ALL.....Let me re-phrase my statement......Many people bitched about long breaks and now many of those same people are bitching about no breaks at all.....better?......No real need to even tell ops. Your are "in charge" of your crew and if a break is needed, you and your crew should take that break. I assure you I do and I make sure each person on my crew gets a break if needed. I don't build the schedules. Its their game. I just play in it and I'm NOT going to skip meals when I'm hungry because they didn't allow for time or if we're behind for ANY reason.

The thing that REALLY concerns me about you and several others is the fact that you guy's/gal's are involved with ALPA and have a chance to make or change policy.

Yes, I am in charge of my crew. And when it is time to eat we go eat. I tell ops, and the gate. We won't waste time, and we will eat it on the plane, but we WILL eat when it's time to eat, and I will not allow boarding until the FA has finished their meal. And when the passengers get on if the flight was delayed substantially because of our eating I will explain it to them as well. Keeping everyone informed is part of the job. Flying hungry isn't.

Latest resources

Back