• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots take your lunch break.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No shi_t, same people that bitch about no free internet at a hotel that has dollar beers for us.
I am not even sure what you said! Must be that dollar beer.

Havn't we been over this before? Maybe I should go check out that new movie dejavu

When its time to eat, you go eat. It's that simple. Whether its 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 10pm, whatever. Our schedules don't exactly run on a normal timetable for lunch or dinner so you make time for it. If you make a flight late, so be it.

When its time to eat, you go eat. It's that simple. Whether its 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 10pm, whatever. Our schedules don't exactly run on a normal timetable for lunch or dinner so you make time for it. If you make a flight late, so be it.

Very True and thats how PDT got crew meals! Captain's started parking planes and going in to eat! Company got tired of the delays and hence they gave crew meals and vochers!
So if we don't have atleast a 45 minute break in 6 hours on duty.... we get food or get to take the 45 minute delay to get some food.

Take your contractual right to eat!

Yes, I am in charge of my crew. And when it is time to eat we go eat. I tell ops, and the gate. We won't waste time, and we will eat it on the plane, but we WILL eat when it's time to eat, and I will not allow boarding until the FA has finished their meal. And when the passengers get on if the flight was delayed substantially because of our eating I will explain it to them as well. Keeping everyone informed is part of the job. Flying hungry isn't.

I made my crew one time sit and eat for 1 hour in E concourse away from everything. Let ops know that we were eating and would call them when ready. We enjoyed everyone's conversation and the FA was worried most of the time that they were looking for us. Calm down, damn !t! Enjoy your food. By the time we got back to the airplane, there were the vultures are you ready to board.

"Nutritional Requirements" includes the Starbucks run at any outstation that has one within three concoures of your gate.

I wouldn't eat ON the airplane, as gate agents have a nasty habit of just sending pax down.

Latest resources

Back