• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots cleaning airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, so I'm going to spend 12$ in gas for a roundtrip to the airport, work during the middle of the night and get no sleep, then wait 30 minutes for the bus, and be back in bed during the wee hours of the morning.

All of this out of the goodness of my heart to help my company who makes 30-40 million a quarter in profits, while we work long 4 days understaffed with substandard wages.

That about sums up the heart of our management team.

I would like to know the actual number of pilots who show up for this. We should deligate a few select pilots to give the pilot volunteers a swift kick to the arse when they grab their trashbag and cleaning supplies.

I agree! Maybe someone can get some pictures of this event.

Lighten up, this is the internet. On the internet you will frequently see bored individuals try to make jokes. These jokes come in many forms, but in the interest of brevity I'll focus on sarcasm. Sarcasm is a form of humor popular in the Midwest. Admittedly, it's difficult illustrate sarcasm in writing, but a sure sign is when an otherwise normal line pilot threatens to urinate on an airplane.

Deleted due to my better judgement kicking in...

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm going to spend 12$ in gas for a roundtrip to the airport, work during the middle of the night and get no sleep, then wait 30 minutes for the bus, and be back in bed during the wee hours of the morning.

All of this out of the goodness of my heart to help my company who makes 30-40 million a quarter in profits, while we work long 4 days understaffed with substandard wages.

That about sums up the heart of our management team.

I would like to know the actual number of pilots who show up for this. We should deligate a few select pilots to give the pilot volunteers a swift kick to the arse when they grab their trashbag and cleaning supplies.

......and get very little sleep, only to be interupted by crew scheduling with a short call..."Um, I was up cleaning airplanes all night" you say. They say "that wasn't duty time ARE YOU REFUSING THIS TRIP!!!" You say, "I came in on my own time, man? Come on, I'm tired." They say "well, that was 'rest' so you need to be here for a four-day in two hours."

There is no way in the world I would have come in on my own time to clean ASA airplanes.

What is going on at ASA...........

The worst part is that they'll get enough people to call it a success just by getting the low level boot lickers in the GO to show up. Then, in his next update, Bryan will tell us what a success it was and thank everyone for their generous participation :puke:

Sounds great!! And right after I'm done cleaning the airplanes, I will head straight into the bag room and clean that area too. All for FREE and on my own time. Give me a break BL. what are you thinking. Managements may get employees to participate in activities like this but only when they have a good working relationship; quite frankly, ASA is lacking in that department. Wake up and get in touch with reality man....Jeez.:laugh:

Im gonna be busy drinking that night, so unfortunately I wont be able to make it :p !!!!!:beer:

There is only one word to describe (1)the the idea of coming in on your off time to clean aircraft for FREE and (2) The cool-aid drinkers who allow themselves to fall victim to this kind of lunacy.............PATHETIC!

Latest resources

Back