Asa Pilots Burn Their Money-no Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Delay said:
Hell, don't stop there. Why don't you go throw rocks at the windows in the G.O.?

Fuc-Tard!
I don't really want to waste gas and tear up airplanes, but if we could throw rocks at the G.O. - Count me in!

:) I think DALPA's offices are still in there too :)

I'll volunteer to rescue the new hire flight attendants from the 7th floor.

~~~^~~~ said:
I don't really want to waste gas and tear up airplanes, but if we could throw rocks at the G.O. - Count me in!

I'll be there too. Walking in circles is boring, breaking stuff is where it's at! :smash: It'll be a good workout trying to reach the 8th floor. The choice of projectile will be critical. Too heavy and it won't make it up there, too light and it will just bounce off. I love a challenge. :nuts:

Well, whatever goodwill Atkin & Co. built up will go up in smoke if the rumors about or travel benefits are true.

Originally posted by ~~~^~~~
I'll volunteer to rescue the new hire flight attendants from the 7th floor.

Yeah, those old ladies will need some help getting down the stairs.

The one I am flying with this month has to be the same age as my grandmother...grouchy too! She fussed out someone on the night cleaning crew for taking a coke.

No Delay said:
The one I am flying with this month has to be the same age as my grandmother...grouchy too! She fussed out someone on the night cleaning crew for taking a coke.
Scary, I know who you are talking about. She is, uhm, well, nevermind.

:cool:We could get some surgical tubes and use them like GIANT sling-shots and just ripp the Granite Palace a new one!! Count me in!:uzi:

you guys are why i and 1000 others quit the airlines...s t f u. and do your job or quit and work at wall-mart.....youd make more $

Professionalism

For those of you contemplating sabotage may I direct your attention to the ALPA code of ethics? Although you may or may not be happy with ALPA I think most of us would agree with the code of ethics.

This is excerpted verbatim from the ALPA website

http://alpa.org/?tabid=270

An Air Line Pilot will keep uppermost in his mind that the safety, comfort, and well-being of the passengers who entrust their lives to him are his first and greatest responsibility.
• He will never permit external pressures or personal desires to influence his judgment, nor will he knowingly do anything that could jeopardize flight safety.
• He will remember that an act of omission can be as hazardous as a deliberate act of commission, and he will not neglect any detail that contributes to the safety of his flight, or perform any operation in a negligent or careless manner.
• Consistent with flight safety, he will at all times operate his aircraft in a manner that will contribute to the comfort, peace of mind, and well-being of his passengers, instilling in them trust in him and the airline he represents.
• Once he has discharged his primary responsibility for the safety and comfort of his passengers, he will remember that they depend upon him to do all possible to deliver them to their destination at the scheduled time.
• If disaster should strike, he will take whatever action he deems necessary to protect the lives of his passengers and crew.
An Air Line Pilot will faithfully discharge the duty he owes the airline that employs him and whose salary makes possible his way of life.
• He will do all within his powers to operate his aircraft efficiently and on schedule in a manner that will not cause damage or unnecessary maintenance.
• He will respect the officers, directors, and supervisors of his airline, remembering that respect does not entail subservience.
• He will faithfully obey all lawful directives given by his supervisors, but will insist and, if necessary, refuse to obey any directives that, in his considered judgment, are not lawful or will adversely affect flight safety. He will remember that in the final analysis the responsibility for safe completion of the flight rests upon his shoulders.
• He will not knowingly falsify any log or record, nor will he condone such action by other crew members.
• He will remember that a full month’s salary demands a full and fair month’s work. On his days off, he will not engage in any occupation or activity that will diminish his efficiency or bring discredit to his profession.
• He will realize that he represents the airline to all who meet him and will at all times keep his personal appearance and conduct above reproach.
• He will give his airline, its officers, directors, and supervisors the full loyalty that is their due, and will refrain from speaking ill of them. If he feels it necessary to reveal and correct conditions that are not conducive to safe operations and harmonious relations, he will direct his criticism to the proper authorities within ALPA.
• He will hold his airline’s business secrets in confidence, and will take care that they are not improperly revealed.
An Air Line Pilot will accept the responsibilities as well as the rewards of command and will at all times so conduct himself both on duty and off as to instill and merit the confidence and respect of his crew, his fellow employees, and his associates within the profession.
• He will know and understand the duties of each member of his crew. If in command, he will be firm but fair, explicit yet tolerant of deviations that do not affect the safe and orderly completion of the flight. He will be efficient yet relaxed, so that the duties of the crew may be carried out in a harmonious manner.
• If in command, he will expect efficient performance of each crew member’s duties, yet he will overlook small discrepancies and refrain from unnecessary and destructive criticism, so that the crew member will retain his self-respect and cooperative attitude. A frank discussion of minor matters of technique and performance after the flight will create goodwill and a desire to be helpful, whereas sharp criticism and peremptory orders at the moment will result only in the breakdown of morale and an inefficient, halting performance of future duties.
• An Air Line Pilot will remember that his is a profession heavily dependent on training during regular operations and, if in command, will afford his flight crew members every reasonable opportunity, consistent with safety and efficiency, to learn and practice. He will endeavor to instill in his crew a sense of pride and responsibility. In making reports on the work and conduct of his crew members, he will avoid personal prejudices, make his reports factual and his criticisms constructive so that actions taken as a result of his reports will improve the knowledge and skill of his crew members, rather than bring discredit, endanger their livelihood, and threaten their standing in the profession.
• While in command, the Air Line Pilot will be mindful of the welfare of his crew. He will see to it that his crew are properly lodged and cared for, particularly during unusual operating conditions. When cancellations result in deadheading, he will ensure that proper arrangements are made for the transportation of his crew before he takes care of himself.
An Air Line Pilot will conduct his affairs with other members of the profession and with ALPA in such a manner as to bring credit to the profession and ALPA as well as to himself.
• He will not falsely or maliciously injure the professional reputation, prospects, or job security of another pilot, yet if he knows of professional incompetence or conduct detrimental to the profession or to ALPA, he will not shrink from revealing this to the proper authorities within ALPA, so that the weak member may be brought up to the standards demanded, or ALPA and the profession alike may be rid of one unworthy to share its rewards.
• He will conduct his affairs with ALPA and its members in accordance with the rules laid down in the Constitution and By-Laws of ALPA and with the policies and interpretations promulgated therefrom. Whenever possible, he will attend all meetings of ALPA open to him and will take an active part in its activities and in meetings of other groups calculated to improve air safety and the standing of the profession.
• An Air Line Pilot shall refrain from any action whereby, for his personal benefit or gain, he take advantage of the confidence reposed in him by his fellow members. If he is called upon to represent ALPA in any dispute, he will do so to the best of his ability, fairly and fearlessly, relying on the influence and power of ALPA to protect him.
• He will regard himself as a debtor to his profession and ALPA, and will dedicate himself to their advancement. He will cooperate in the upholding of the profession by exchanging information and experience with his fellow pilots and by actively contributing to the work of professional groups and the technical press.
An Air Line Pilot the honor of his profession is dear, and he will remember that his own character and conduct reflect honor or dishonor upon the profession.
• He will be a good citizen of his country, state, and community, taking an active part in their affairs, especially those dealing with the improvement of aviation facilities and the enhancement of air safety.
• He will conduct all his affairs in a manner that reflects credit on himself and his profession.
• He will remember that to his neighbors, friends, and acquaintances he represents both the profession and ALPA, and that his actions represent to them the conduct and character of all members of the profession and ALPA.
• He will realize that nothing more certainly fosters prejudices against and deprives the profession of its high public esteem and confidence than do breaches in the use of alcohol.
• He will not publish articles, give interviews, or permit his name to be used in any manner likely to bring discredit to another pilot, the airline industry, the profession, or ALPA.
• He will continue to keep abreast of aviation developments so that his skill and judgment, which heavily depend on such knowledge, may be of the highest order.
Having Endeavored to his utmost to faithfully fulfill the obligations of the ALPA Code of Ethics and Canons for the Guidance of Air Line Pilots, a pilot may consider himself worthy to be called…an AIRLINE PILOT.

Latest resources

Back