• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Vacation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok so a credit threshold of 70-85. Not much difference really compared to what we're used to. Big paycheck cut headed your way.

No, the credit window is 30 hours wide. Here's an example from the current mock bid. The target line value is 85, and the window is 75 - 105 hours. You can set your personal value to the low end, the high end, or somewhere inbetween. In our "overstaffed" months, the company did build virtually every line below 75 hours to discourage people from picking up open time. I like my chances with PBS better in this situation, theoretically. I reserve judgement until we're doing this for real.

Because many of us believe we will like it better than line bidding, and that it will help make/keep our company profitable and competitive. I see that many of the XJT guys don't care about that by their replies to those comments, but it is real and important. Future and current contracts will go to others if we do not stay competitive, and I will say again that our management stressed the importance of having this due to the fact that we were the only DCI carrier without it. It did/does put ASA at a competitive disadvantage with Pinnacle, Mesaba, Comair and Skywest.

But you haven't even gone live with it! We have a proven system already that does everything you have been promised PBS will do for you guys and more.

As for future contracts, I want mainline to scope back in all branded flying anyways. Our management may have stressed the importance to stay competitive. They also stressed the $70M dollar synergy savings and $35M profit from the purchase and integration of XJT. We've already taken a 7% paycut/$10M (yeah not the 16% Skywest wanted 2 years ago), so I would be surprised if our pilot group goes for anything less than the best of both contracts. That would be a modest improvement for us. It would take a lot to convince us to vote for on a TA with PBS. But of course, I could be wrong.

Latest resources

Back