Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

To:ASA Team MembersFrom:Bryan LaBrecque, President and COO​
Sam Watts, Vice President - PeopleDate:Dec. 7, 2005Subject:UPDATE ON PASS TRAVEL
Based on the number of questions we are getting from ASA team members, we understand that many of you are getting anxious for an answer to the question – “What changes will be made to our pass travel program now that ASA has been acquired by SkyWest, Inc.?”
When ASA was sold, three months ago on Sept. 8, 2005, we expected there would be some changes to our travel program. When we communicated to each of you that the current pass travel program would remain in place for the next 90 days, we certainly anticipated that a new agreement covering travel benefits for ASA personnel and their eligible dependents/designees would be finalized prior to the end of that time period. Regrettably that has not occurred.
While we realize that uncertainty, especially when it pertains to such an important program, is not viewed or perceived to be a good thing, we believe that patience and continuing our dialogue with Delta will ultimately yield the best end result. It is because of our desire to ensure that we secure the best possible travel program for all ASA team members that we believe continuing to work on the agreement will be the most beneficial in the end.
As promised, as soon as a new agreement is in place, we will share this information with all team members. Until that time, the current travel program will remain in effect, and we anticipate that implementation of a new program will provide for an adequate transition period to avoid or at least minimize the risk of any disruption to an employee’s travel plans. Again, until we have a new final program in place we will continue to operate on a status-quo basis with no changes to our current travel program.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to ASA and your patience.

Airboss said:
To:ASA Team MembersFrom:Bryan LaBrecque, President and COO​

Sam Watts, Vice President - PeopleDate:Dec. 7, 2005Subject:UPDATE ON PASS TRAVEL:

Here fishy fishy fishy
Lets see, busy travel season and terrible weather for working on the ramp. Does anyone think that Management would announce the gutting of travel benefits when all that differentiates a job on the ramp and one at the mall is travel benefits?

I agree. After the holidays we will see the hard fought deal that allows us unlimited S-3c travel on Delta. No S-2's. We will keep our over-water trips. Oh, and by the way, current mainline Delta employees will maintain their S-3's on ASA and acquire them on Skywest. After all, it is Delta paying for the flight. Skywest will gain additional trans-oceanic flights in exchange for losing boarding priority.

The only unknown is whether or not ASA will gain benefits on the skywest United Express flights.

Now, this is my opinion based on putting all the rumors together. I know it's all based on rumors, but if you look at the past big events, we heard just about everything as a rumor first.

What sucks about this, is that I believe management is lying to us. If it comes out that the above assumption is true, then that should prove to you what our current leadership is. If we do get something better, then kudos for them. I might actually play that dvd.

ASApuppy said:
What sucks about this, is that I believe management is lying to us.

You have finally figured it out on this issue. The passes are a done deal and have been since BL blew his top after the meeting at GT.

Also, BL stated at the same meeting that once the contract is done Terry H is out of a job. Was he kidding?

Pulling our Wanks

ASApuppy said:
I agree. After the holidays we will see the hard fought deal that allows us unlimited S-3c travel on Delta. No S-2's. We will keep our over-water trips. Oh, and by the way, current mainline Delta employees will maintain their S-3's on ASA and acquire them on Skywest. After all, it is Delta paying for the flight. Skywest will gain additional trans-oceanic flights in exchange for losing boarding priority.

The only unknown is whether or not ASA will gain benefits on the skywest United Express flights.

Now, this is my opinion based on putting all the rumors together. I know it's all based on rumors, but if you look at the past big events, we heard just about everything as a rumor first.

What sucks about this, is that I believe management is lying to us. If it comes out that the above assumption is true, then that should prove to you what our current leadership is. If we do get something better, then kudos for them. I might actually play that dvd.

Assuming you gain benefits on United EXpress SkyWest, then do SkyWest Pilots get S2's and Delta Buddy passes? I guess we should whine about nothing but S3C on Delta. Good luck on that Contract and ousting some trailer park management positions.

Halo_RJdriver said:
Assuming you gain benefits on United EXpress SkyWest, then do SkyWest Pilots get S2's and Delta Buddy passes? I guess we should whine about nothing but S3C on Delta. Good luck on that Contract and ousting some trailer park management positions.
I don't believe ASA expects to get systemwide United passes unless we start flying for them. What would be fair would be for us to get passes on the SkyWest United flights. It would be a symbolic gesture that would really never get used by most ASA people.

The talk of S2s is pretty much irrelevant because they will be the first thing we will lose. If we somehow kept them, then yes, it would be only fair for SkyWest to get them as well. Buddy passes, on the other hand, we will probably keep since they generate some revenue for DL, and plus the flight attendants and rampers chew through those things like candy. I'd imagine that SkyWest will probably gain those as well, even though they're pretty much useless.

Last edited:
Brian Labrecque is a flat out LIAR!
He knows what our travel benifits are going to be.

701EV

I think it would really suck if mainline employees got priority (S3 vs S3C) on ASA or SkyWest flights. If that happened, I would love to see a mass F/A walk out/exodus.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back