Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Swaayze

May have a choice soon.

Commute out of the midwest. Want some stability and growth and a place that I can live with permanently if it comes to that.

Input (without bickering)?

Thanks

If you want a place you could hang your hat if it came to that, I'd say ASA hands down. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I work there.

At ASA, we have a 5 year old contract that is still better than CHQ's. We are in negotiations right now for a better one, and mgmt is making sure that they get our group fired up so that we won't accept anything we don't really like. Things may get a little ugly for a little while, but in the end I would't expect a stirke. Our Comair friends taught mother Delta that lesson.

The only problem here is one of upgrade time/movement. Depending on those 25 airplanes, it may move pretty quick or if they are taken hostage during our negotiations it may move pretty slow. However, we do have 20+ 700's to look forward to, and we are working closely with Comair and DAL MEC's to try to coordinate and assure the health of the 3 owned pilot groups.

CHQ will probably have a quicker upgrade, as long as everything keeps going the way it has been, but then again I thought I'd be a line holding RJ Capt by now, so we all know how thast goes. Also, us three are going to do everything we can to assure that as little DAL growth goes there (or anywhere else outside the family) as possible in the future.

Hopefully you'll have the choice. ASA is a pretty good place and has gotten a lot better just in the 3+ years I've been here.

Almost forgot, we have the DFW base, and it is growing right now, so it could be an easier commute from the midwest depending on where you are coming from.

Congrats on having a choice!! I have commuted from T-Town on CHQ a bunch and have nothing but the best to say about them! Great group of pilots and FA's. But, if your asking about future plans and, importantly, commutability I would say ASA and DFW!! A couple of weeks ago some wx rolled in to DFW and all the flights were delayed. My buddy had a 250p duty in and I started reserve at 1200 so I was on the hook for a 200p show. We got on the road at 1030, and even with all the bad wx through Atoka and Durant we made it to the terminal for 215!
Good luck! I think either company is a good choice I'm just biased

If USAir tanks this Summer, then Chataqua could have a lot of exposure. Delta is doing OK for now, so ASA is a little more stable.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee said:
If USAir tanks this Summer, then Chataqua could have a lot of exposure. Delta is doing OK for now, so ASA is a little more stable.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

sp: Chautauqua

I have to respectfully disagree. When we lost the flying for America West out of CMH, many said the same thing, but our aircraft were quickly swept up by Delta.

oldmanpilot,

I don't think your AWA portion was as big as your USAir portion, and if it unfortunately tanks this Summer and Bronner liquidates it---you will lose more. I hope it doesn't happen, but it sounded like he was serious....

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

Well, no choice yet.

Naturally I need to decide very soon on CHQ and waiting on the yes/no from ASA. Really need to secure employment asap and who knows how long before I'd warrant an ASA class if I'm put in the pool.

I'm leaning way towards ASA mostly for domicile and general reputation, but I do anticipate the possibility of being a pawn in the negotiations and a very long wait to upgrade. With DAL going into negotiations lots could change either way.

CHQ otoh, while highly exposed to U, does have some diversification with different codes. I expect they will be flying 170s for USAirways within a year, and there are rumors of a new code share for them as well (UAL?).

Thanks for the opinions!

If given the choice between CHQ and ASA.... ASA - all the way.
Particularly so if you don't mind flying out of DFW.

Sounds like ASA hands down. Go with CHQ. We cant all be right.

Latest resources

Back