• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA operating costs.... the reality?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, but what about the "Other Costs" line? I'm not sure what it represents but it tips the scales a good bit, to the point that even Comair is operating cheaper than ASA on an hourly basis. In fact, with that Other line, ASA is by far the most expensive to operate per hour.

Check out the aircraft rent column in the block hour comparison section. The rent is about 350 per hour less than mesa. I have no idea but I would guess that delta was paying a singnificant amount of the lease on ASA's aircraft. I would also guess that those block hour cost numbers would change significantly now that delta probably isnt paying the leases any more.....

Mexicankingair said:
Check out the aircraft rent column in the block hour comparison section. The rent is about 350 per hour less than mesa. I have no idea but I would guess that delta was paying a singnificant amount of the lease on ASA's aircraft. I would also guess that those block hour cost numbers would change significantly now that delta probably isnt paying the leases any more.....

Actually we own most of our planes.

jehtplane said:
Actually we own most of our planes.

I believe you are mistaken on this. I know for a fact that we only own 4 of the 12 remaining ATR's, and I can't imagine that we own many if any of the RJ's.

atrdriver said:
I believe you are mistaken on this. I know for a fact that we only own 4 of the 12 remaining ATR's, and I can't imagine that we own many if any of the RJ's.

We own all of our 700's, we lease the engines, and I believe we own most of our 200's, someone correct me if I am wrong about the 200's.

823AS - Owned by Wachovia Bank
856AS - Owned by US Bank NA
837AS - Owned by US Bank NA
874AS - Owned by ASA

And yes, the 70's that I searched were showing ASA as the owners, but that doesn't mean that we don't have payments on them. When you buy a car the registration shows your name, but you are still paying the bank for it.

atrdriver said:

Guys,

I have posted this info before, but if you want the facts, if you want more than crew lounge gossip.

Go to myASA, Maintenance/engineering(header), click on this, then on the far right side you will see a hotlink for Fleet list, adobe, and excel. This is the most recent list you can look at.

I forget the count, but yes ASA owns more then they lease. They do lease a good number though.

This spread sheet shows alot of good info, check it out.

Medeco

Medeco said:
Guys,

I have posted this info before, but if you want the facts, if you want more than crew lounge gossip.

Go to myASA, Maintenance/engineering(header), click on this, then on the far right side you will see a hotlink for Fleet list, adobe, and excel. This is the most recent list you can look at.

I forget the count, but yes ASA owns more then they lease. They do lease a good number though.

This spread sheet shows alot of good info, check it out.

Medeco

Thanks , I was wondering where to find that, later...

atrdriver said:
823AS - Owned by Wachovia Bank
856AS - Owned by US Bank NA
837AS - Owned by US Bank NA
874AS - Owned by ASA

And yes, the 70's that I searched were showing ASA as the owners, but that doesn't mean that we don't have payments on them. When you buy a car the registration shows your name, but you are still paying the bank for it.

Cool, when you buy a car, do you say it's not mine, it's ford motor credit's? How is that ATR treatin' you. Some of the best times I've had at ASA were as a Captain on the ATR. I just got sick of AVL, CHA, CSG, and PFN.....later bro.

Latest resources

Back