Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

katanabob

Keyboard user
ASA guys who have already been to this.. do I really need to bring my Jepps, Manuals, Passport, and all that BS?

No, just the passport. Its all done on a powerpoint presentation. I did it last month and its a complete waste of time. Eight hours worth only four hours of pay. Nothing that coud'nt be done in recurrent.

Ditto for that- DONT FORGET THE PASSPORT!!!!! (Nothing like a 6 AM trip to ops to get it before class:).

The instructor was great- typical ASA professional, first class, knowledgeable, awesome ground school instructor.

The class, however was a complete waste of time. 35 minutes of powerpoint and 25 minutes of breaks per hour. The main point of it was to get company mgmt. in there to talk to you at the end of the day about "how bad things are" and how dependent on DAL we are for our revenues. (Read "were not going to give you a dime on the new contract"). The MGMT. guy that came in to talk to us is a real "slickster" - fast talking, has an answer for everything, trying to sell you a used car approach. Nice guy, but would not trust him any farther than I could throw him.

I'm not against training in any way, but think this should have been incorporated into RGT. Especially thought the dated information about "our continued expansion at DFW in months to come" was quite amusing.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yes a complete waste of time. As mentioned all the SP review stuff should be incorporated into RGT, which also could stand shortening if possible. 4-5 days is way too much!

The so-called corporate safety portion also a waste. These two presenters don't have a clue about line ops, and have drunk way too much cool-aid.

Management....ahh, now here's the real reason for this class. Propaganda at it's best! While our DAL full-time employee (aka as ASA President) enjoys all his Delta benefits, pay, and Leo Mullins-GUARANTEED PENSION he attempts to convince us that we need to be 'marketable' to Delta for further and future flying. Well, ain't gonna happen Skippy old boy!

Maybe if you got rid of all those VPs (many ex-Delta managers btw, already drawing a Delta pension) you could be more competitive. You also could direct your managers to cease violating our contract. It's gonna bite you in the arse real soon.

You have just about killed all morale here, and some us compare your management to Pritchett and Beiser management style. What a shame....

US Flyer said:
Ditto for that- DONT FORGET THE PASSPORT!!!!! (Nothing like a 6 AM trip to ops to get it before class:).
Just borrow somebody else's if you forget yours. They are not checking that close anyways. :)

Last edited:
Skippy will probably waltz in around 4:30. At 5, everyone leave! I don't care what Skip is talking about, just get up, collect your stuff, and leave. Better yet, everyone set your watch alarm to go off at 5 sharp. This class is a test to see how many of us will stay past 5 (on our own time) and listen to this propaganda b.s. Tell Skip you've got to go turn another trick and thanks for the business. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back