ASA On time or I'll beat...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pray tell, How is this racist?

That is the glory of ATL. Anything and everything is racist!

-Call me a racist if you wish-I really couldn't care one little tiny bit less! I just tried to find some humor in a silly situation which appears to have happened in a silly excuse for a city. (By totally making up the above events-for any latecomers to the world of sacrcasm.)

-Here is a good example of the kind of crap you get dealt every day in a place like ATL.

http://features.csmonitor.com/polit...-a-black-agenda-in-mayors-race-roils-atlanta/

-Whatever folks-white people ain't the only folks with "racist" tendencies around these here parts. If that makes everyone around here "racist," well so be it.

That is the glory of ATL. Anything and everything is racist!

-Call me a racist if you wish-I really couldn't care one little tiny bit less! I just tried to find some humor in a silly situation which appears to have happened in a silly excuse for a city. (By totally making up the above events-for any latecomers to the world of sacrcasm.)

-Here is a good example of the kind of crap you get dealt every day in a place like ATL.

http://features.csmonitor.com/polit...-a-black-agenda-in-mayors-race-roils-atlanta/

-Whatever folks-white people ain't the only folks with "racist" tendencies around these here parts. If that makes everyone around here "racist," well so be it.

But the muli's are oppressed.

The vast majority of ASA pilots are professionals that take pride in what they do and act accordingly. To have a thread like this to be started is an embarrassment to me and this group. To have a CP even feel the need to send such an e-mail is also an embarrassment. A senior cpt once said "why should I get upset as this a/c doesn't move one inch until I say so". If the situation comes to a breaking pt then ask for a spv file a RIF and leave it at that. This standard isn't just for ATL as altercations happen at many field stations. If you are truly a professional then you must act the part and not just look the part.

Last edited:
I'm just confused. Here is my interaction with a gate agent.

Me: Hey do you have the release for XYZ?
Agent: Its on the plane... Will you be ready to board on time?
Me: We should be. I'll call the tower if anything changes.

What the hell are you super pilots doing out there? Everyone on here is posting about lazy rampers and horrible gate agents... Do I just happen to fly out of the "good" Atlanta gates with the "good" rampers?

I know catering can be a little late... Hey relax. I know you want the D0 award but some days you will have to leave five or ten late.

Two years ago... A strong argument could be made for crap ramp etc. Lately things run pretty smooth.

I can only imagine this is another Dallas commuter at his finest.

No, I have been ATL based from the start and like Crash Pad have had a good relationship w/ the gate and ramp agents. I also do what I can to maintain a positive attitude. If I need something I aks for it w/o talking down to people or shouting commands. Again, be the professional that you proclaim to be. You can respectfully disagree w/ someone w/o getting into a shouting match.

Wow. A bitter rj lifer and a racist. How proud your parents must be.

Actually, i didn't read in there one time that he referenced the race of the gate agent. I am assuming that you thought he was calling her black. Now the only thing I see is that he said she was from the same hood as vanilla ice (white guy), getting help from acorn (recent videos had white people going in for help), and was drinking a caramel macchiato from Starbucks (I used to work at Starbucks and I would say that every person I saw order one of those was white). So I would say that you are the racist here.

Dave

Actually, i didn't read in there one time that he referenced the race of the gate agent. I am assuming that you thought he was calling her black. Now the only thing I see is that he said she was from the same hood as vanilla ice (white guy), getting help from acorn (recent videos had white people going in for help), and was drinking a caramel macchiato from Starbucks (I used to work at Starbucks and I would say that every person I saw order one of those was white). So I would say that you are the racist here.

Dave

In that case.. I'm with Cobraair75drvr

It's not what you say, but how you say it, with the gate agents most of the time. As long as you understand that you will never be speaking with the cream of the crop, and that you are speaking with someone that now gets paid minimum wage, for minimum effort, you'll make your life much easier (minimum education, as well). For some odd reason, I've never had a single problem in my five years here. I figure my training has more to do with the jet, than it does with the ramp/gate/terminal........Why get worked up about it?

Latest resources

Back