• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA officially changes hiring mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually the website says 1500TT and 300MEL with 100hrs in the past 6 months.

I know it's a "mute" point, but...
Official mins changed from 500/50 with 50 in previous 6 months, to 1500/50 with 300 in previous 6 months.

So no love for anyone without a serious current flying job. Not that any of this will be relevant by the time hiring starts again, so I'm not sure why they bothered to change anything. Please return to your previously scheduled activity...

I think the word you maybe grasping at is actually "moot." As in "moot point."

Of course, I guess you don't wish to "insure" that your writings are accurate or intelligible. Many people say "there" best writing takes place while drinking and posting on forums such as this one.

-Obviously, you are not one of them.

Doesnt matter what they have published. Every airline still hires people under it, so those "minimums" are meaningless. I wish someone told Congress so they could call bull******************** on those **************************************** talking about how they raised their minimums.

I think he was using the quotes around "mute" in jest to the flightinfo way of using "moot" point.....much the way so many of our (un)educated breatheren use "loose", as in I can't wait to loose my virginity or I need to loose a few pounds.

You work at a regional as a CA and you're averaging only 27 flight hours per month?

So, whats the deal, you don't fly a regular line, or you sit reserve, don't fly and still get paid the guarantee? Wow...what deal!

Yes and Yes...
If I only flew the 27 per month, it would be great... throw in the 3 days per week in addition of ready reserve at the airport doing absolutely squadoosh for nothing..... it gets really old really quick. And does not impress for career advancement either.

No worries I will soon be downgraded to senior FO getting 15 days off a month again, though I will probably have to let my house be forclosed on.... what the hell everyone else on my street already has had it happen in DTW so WTF why not....

Last edited:
Actually the website says 1500TT and 300MEL with 100hrs in the past 6 months.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My info came from the latest revision to the Corporate Policy Manual, which the managers supposedly base their policy on. So who knows? I wouldn't "loose" sleep over it though. When we start hiring again, competitive mins will initially be much higher than that, but then after 2012 when age 65 kicks in, they'll drop back down to 190/10.

I think the word you maybe grasping at is actually "moot." As in "moot point."

Of course, I guess you don't wish to "insure" that your writings are accurate or intelligible. Many people say "there" best writing takes place while drinking and posting on forums such as this one.

-Obviously, you are not one of them.

Since he put "mute" in quotations, he was obviously engaging in FI spelling. You are a "looser" for not getting it.:p

Latest resources

Back