• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Offers 1 Year LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why the heck are they not handing out COMAs to everyone that bids for it?

I'm post-contract and have requested it every month since September, only awarded October.

AVL has been horrid lately, a quick turn (hoping for 23 minutes) turned into 45 because they coulnd't get their act together then they couldn't get the pax together. This has been happening a lot!

COMA lines, I have no idea... how are they approving year long LOAs but not COMAs???

well, i think we all know how this plays out.. and no, this is not George Bush's fault or the fault of the bad economy... Nor/Delta has no use for ASA... Mesaba, pinnacle and skywest survive...
ASA/Comair die on vine. Sure, super senior guys are ok, but anyone over #500 is pretty much screwed

LMAO! And all that capital ASA is investing in itself is just to waste? That's it!! SkyWest Inc. loves wasting money and is never responsible with it!! Yeah, that makes total sense. It's certainly not the bad economy is it? If ASA furloughs it will be one of the last if not the last to do so. The bad economy is not allowing opportunity either. Airlines have reduced capacity, not increased it. But hey, everone else is screwed unless you're painted in red colors......Make this man the next Warren Buffet already! NOT

Trojan

I'm with USC Fresno :)

The entire industry is hurting, like it does from time to time. The lines suck but so far Skywest has done well to keep us ALL employed given the economical shaft we've been delt. Ask for a remote controlled plane for Christmas so you've got some UAV experience for 10 years down the road.

The new ALPA memo did sound frank, and to be honest, even with the gloom, it was good to hear the honesty. It's good to hear that our union, and our management team, seem to be working so well with each other to ensure we emerge from 2009 in good shape, or at least better shape than our competitors.

The new ALPA memo did sound frank, and to be honest, even with the gloom, it was good to hear the honesty. It's good to hear that our union, and our management team, seem to be working so well with each other to ensure we emerge from 2009 in good shape, or at least better shape than our competitors.
Oh, that's just because you guys don't have the all so famous "Nucklehead Award"
Now if you had one of them bad boys, your Onion and Management would not be speaking. That's how wicked the Nucklehead Award is.

Exactly- desperate times call for desperate measures, and Delta is trying to do what they can, while they can, to save a buck. Until the economy improves and people start flying again, this pattern will continue. They've even gotten to the point of trying to save pennies on station management- just look at Ashville's situation.

There goes another good station with easy D-0 performance. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an almost complete lack of intrest in getting an ASA flight out on time from a Comair station? I flew the Comair management folks up there yesterday- I hated it. Honestly, it fealt like the reaper was on board. I wanted so badly to say something, but bit my tongue instead...........
I think station performance hurts the station more than us.

Latest resources

Back