• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Offers 1 Year LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well, i think we all know how this plays out.. and no, this is not George Bush's fault or the fault of the bad economy... Nor/Delta has no use for ASA... Mesaba, pinnacle and skywest survive...
ASA/Comair die on vine. Sure, super senior guys are ok, but anyone over #500 is pretty much screwed

well, i think we all know how this plays out.. and no, this is not George Bush's fault or the fault of the bad economy... Nor/Delta has no use for ASA... Mesaba, pinnacle and skywest survive...
ASA/Comair die on vine. Sure, super senior guys are ok, but anyone over #500 is pretty much screwed

Ok, go to bed already! You've had enough kool-aide for tonight.

how did anything i resemble kool-aid? I have been at ASA for over 8 years. Its pretty obvious that NorDelWest is going with pinnacle, mesabe and skywest.

It is pretty obvious tehy are just playing everyone against everyone else-to maximum advantage..... The reason Comair is getting hosed so bad right now is that they are not subject to any contract-DAL can hose them without consequence......

-Sucks, but everyone is going to get hosed for a few years, I think.... And not just at the regionals.

Mesaba, Pinnacle, SkyWest............

Neither of those three is really going to see any better piece of the pie. Besides, Pinnacle is getting 900's, but what's to keep them from losing 50's? Their contract with Delta is weaker than ours at ASA.
Don't forget, we've still got a year and a half to meet our target cost index to lock in that Delta contract.

January is coming up. It's the SLOWEST travel month of the year. Is it too tough to believe the line values that are out there? We all knew, or should have known, the schedule was going to be weak, very weak, for January and February. I've said it again, and again, and again..............March will be the true measure of how we stack up within the DCI portfolio.

SkyWest Inc. will not let ASA die on the vine. We will not lose the Delta contract- we've got to much money in the bank for that to happen. Just be patient, work hard on YOUR flights for D-0 and A-14.

Even if we do furlough, I don't expect it to last more than a couple of months. Perhaps to May, before we get our guys back on property. Don't sweat the doom and gloom- it's in the hands of our management. Personally, I'll put our management team up against Delta's any day of the week. We've got some tallented leadership, so let them do their job, while we do ours, and I'm sure we won't get flushed down the proverbial toilet.

It is pretty obvious tehy are just playing everyone against everyone else-to maximum advantage..... The reason Comair is getting hosed so bad right now is that they are not subject to any contract-DAL can hose them without consequence......

-Sucks, but everyone is going to get hosed for a few years, I think.... And not just at the regionals.

Exactly- desperate times call for desperate measures, and Delta is trying to do what they can, while they can, to save a buck. Until the economy improves and people start flying again, this pattern will continue. They've even gotten to the point of trying to save pennies on station management- just look at Ashville's situation.

There goes another good station with easy D-0 performance. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an almost complete lack of intrest in getting an ASA flight out on time from a Comair station? I flew the Comair management folks up there yesterday- I hated it. Honestly, it fealt like the reaper was on board. I wanted so badly to say something, but bit my tongue instead...........

If a station is purposely dragging their feet, just document it...pax boarding began at xxxx, no marshalers available...clr received after dep. time...whatever the problem is. Then Brad can go to DL is show them where the problem is.

They've even gotten to the point of trying to save pennies on station management- just look at Ashville's situation.

There goes another good station with easy D-0 performance. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an almost complete lack of intrest in getting an ASA flight out on time from a Comair station? I flew the Comair management folks up there yesterday- I hated it. Honestly, it fealt like the reaper was on board. I wanted so badly to say something, but bit my tongue instead...........[/quote]

What's going on with Asheville? That's one of my favorite overnights. Less than 20 min after shutdown, I can be in bed sleeping....

Concur on the Comair thing, tho.

Latest resources

Back