• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA nov bid delayed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They should have built more lines out of ATL to cover United flying. I know they received the United info late, but look at the mess ASA will be in ALL month now.

How about more IAD captains and less ATL captains then?

I think they prefer the flexibility of including UAX flying in the ATL bid, and so indirectly staffing IAD that way. Apparently that wasn't possible this month

I don't understand. The union gave them 24 hours to fix this, and they didn't even do it!!

It seems like EVERYDAY is a new battle. I've had to FIGHT 4 out of the last 6 months just to get my paycheck corrected. They still screw it up!!

The United performance has been in the proverbial toilet. Seperating the UEX flying and the DAL flying is a trial method to improve the numbers in the UAL system. Unfortunately, the intermixing of ATL crews that have no clue on how to operate within the UEX system is bogging down our performance there. Too many Atlanta folks can't figure out how to register, get an "N" number, and print their release to get the flying out on time.

I'm glad to see the flying split up and segregated like this- no more "Welcome aboard Uniiiiiiiii, er, Delta Connection" announcements.

When are we opening up a Columbia mini-base? There seemed to be 12 crews there a couple days ago. The Hampton Inn has become more akin to a company sponsored resort.

As an ATL pilot, I would get my release if United could get my N# to work. According to their IT, there is no problem, but I still cannot login to a computer.

I have been told it may have to do with not having UAL pass bennies. So far as I am concerned it's UAL's issue not mine. You want me to get a release, make sure your computers work right.

Many of the MX cancellations are also due to a backlog in C check lines. It sound like our contractors are not getting the job done on time.

What EV120 said, I would be happy to get my own release if I could access it with my (useless) N#.

And just for the record, this stoopid ATL pilot has never had a UA flight delayed for a release but it's good to know that we've finally figured out that it's the ATL crews that are causing all our UA problems...

Last edited:
Shamrock- it's not solely you ATL pilots, but many just don't pass through the system enough to stay proficient with it. It's not a slap in the face, but fact. Many people, excluding you, are having issues figuring it out. Every time I walk through A concourse in IAD, or in ORD, I'm getting asked how to do it. I can't say I blame them- I was lost when I first started cycling through the system as well. However, my exposure has MADE me gain profficiency.

The "N" number is directly tied to the United pass bennies. I signed up, got the "N" number, and it worked for 3-4 weeks before United killed it, since I didn't have the bennies. FM has to go in and reset the system for you. This is an issue that has gone all the way to the VP of United.

While I share the sentiment that it is UNITED's problem when we can't pick it up. The problem is that our COMPETITORS procure theirs, and leave us sitting at the gate twittling our thumbs. So as far as UNITED is concerned, it is our fault, unfortunately. I think this situation is stoopid, not our pilots.

I've been snagging it off of ACARS too. As long as you have dispatch force over a TLR and FDC notams, you're good to go. Only issue we have are the several non ACARS aircraft that are floating around the UNITED side. You haven't lived until you've toated one of those through O'Hare- gotta love telling dispatch "all of them" when they ask which runways you'd like data for................

Latest resources

Back