• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA no RAISE for 4 YEARS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EVERYTHING in the world has gone up--so how do we live?????

MGMT AS$holes need to stop WAL-MARTING our industry. Buy everything at Wal-Mart and see what happens in another 10 years.... WELCOME TO CHINA ladies and gentlemen.....

Skywest making millions but can't pay the low people their dues!!!

LOOK AT HORIZON AIR they make about 5 bucks more an hour, and that was sign a couple of years ago!!!!! BUT YET THEY ARE STILL MAKING MONEY!!!!

Cool down Bro!

OK, Take a deep breath, then let us know what you really feel!!!

Let the CNC do their magic. If that fails, then we can freak out. But until then, breathe. :cool:

I just wishes someone would ask the company to explain how Horizon can pay these rates...yeah they do fly for ALK..and Frontier..so they must be some what competive??????

79%N1 said:
Are you freakin crazy?!?!?! What do you know? It shows you are a complete mental midget to make a retarded statement like that! The Company gets away with what the NMB allows them to! ALPA has no control over that. The things that are LEGAL under the Railway Labor Act, ASA has done. What else should the ASA pilots do? Or, should we have just rolled over already like the Mesa pilots, CHQ pilots, and Comair pilots have in the near past? No pressure? You are a complete idiot! If management consitently stalls, comes unprepared, changes their mind, etc....what recourse do ASA pilots have? Answer.....NONE! We are bound by the RLA, and the whims of the mediator. As it stands, the mediator gave a March 3rd deadline, which has come and gone. What decision has he since made on the direction of these negotiations? NONE! So, wise a$$, what should we do?

Listen brother,

I spent years flying for ASA. The day after the contract became amendable I started to work toward forcing the company to offer a fair contract. I burned more fuel, stopped calling for catering, cleaning, fuel, lav service, scheduling problems, etc---but I felt like I was the only one doing this. SO many were still gung ho to "push on time," "keep the pax happy," etc. There were only a handful---literally a hanful of pilots who were willing to take a hardline from day one. It's taken THIS LONG for pilots to even begin to get upset and try to influence managament by there actions.

Where were you 3.5 years ago? You expect management to stall and work the conctract and RLA to their advantage, so I expected the pilots to do all they could do to force and end to their foot dragging, but they didn't. 3.5 years later and only now are pilots BEGINNING to get serious.

I left ASA for these reasons. So I ask again, why do you deserve a pay raise?

Dave Benjamin said:
Even the Dash 8-200 goes pretty senior. I think the most junior 200 CA in PDX has around 7 or 8 years. Someone from QX can correct my estimates but I think they're pretty close.

I'm too lazy right now to look at the seniority list to see what the RJ CA is, but I do know that the most junior CA in PDX is at six years.

I heard Charlie Tutt say in the crew lounge that if the pilots had ever decided to throw their hands up and stop doing everyone elses job that ASA would have cratered in a day. So don't think our managment doesn't know how much we do to keep ASA running on time.

They start paying me to do all those other peoples jobs in addition to mine then I will start doing them. As much as they hate to pay two people to do the same job you would think this would get fixed.

scarlet said:
WE DO NOT NEED TO strike---heck we cannot afford to--but the union needs to ask the mediator for a week of self help from time to time...we need to do stage a day here a day there where 75% of the pilots don't show up for work...this causing havoc to the system and we still have income coming in...

We are double the size of Horizon and bring in so much more money than Horizon, so I don't think asking for thier payscale is to much!!!!

And for this current white house--why would you vote for someone that you KNOW will affect your wallet---?????????????? Wasting our union dues too..[/quote

Lets look at your first statement....You have aready lost!!You cannot tell them we are not going to strike but we want more money. They are laughing at you right now. You have to be willing to work at kroger for 6 months a year, what eveer it takes to get the contract you want..Staging a sick out is illegal and will only get you fired or the union fined(American).

The problem is that all of your pilots are not onboard,to many guys enjoy there 16 days off,live in atl and can't get another job. They don't want to rock the boat.It is the same at most all regionals. If you want a good contract you have to be unitifed. At NJA we kicked out the old MEC started our own local and voted in an industry leading contract in just under a year.Why because the majority of our pilots were willing to go and work somewhere else,KROGER,WALMART whatever.Mgmt has to know that you dont give a ******************** anymore and you are ready to STFD.(shut the f%$ker down).
Just my two cent,best of luck ASA.

scarlet said:
I just wishes someone would ask the company to explain how Horizon can pay these rates...yeah they do fly for ALK..and Frontier..so they must be some what competive??????
horizon pilots demanded and received these rates. ASA pilots have let 3.5 years go by with no appreciable pressure on the company to negotiate in good faith. Having said that; why should they give you a raise?

Latest resources

Back