Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly4food

ifly4food.com
Looks like ASA is finally clawing its way up from "ugly redneck stepchild of Delta" status. This week we get new wings and hat ornaments that have a Delta Widget on them along with the new ASA logo, and starting in September, our ATRs will begin operating in CVG to places like TOL, CAK, TRI, CRW, EVV, CMH.

Is this the "carrot" of the "carrot and stick" approach they've been taking going into our contract negotiations?

CVG??

Where did you hear about ASA and CVG ops? This is complete news to me, I tend to think of myself as a good insider at EV. When does DCI plan to make the route changes "public?"

BTW, the new uniform goodies for flight ops do indeed look nice. Now if they'd just get us FAs out of the Wendy's striped uniforms, I'd be much happier.

It's nice that a company that is in such financial turmoil that they have had to declare force majeure, disregard contracts, and crap on their employees can see fit to waste money on something as trivial as hat brass. What a bunch of crap.

ATL2 - read the hot spots on the bulliten board! You may find what you are looking for. The bulliten also says "temporary"???? What that means is anyones guess. The info has been out since the first part of last week, 24 -25 June.

FLYnMONKEYS said:
It's nice that a company that is in such financial turmoil that they have had to declare force majeure, disregard contracts, and crap on their employees can see fit to waste money on something as trivial as hat brass. What a bunch of crap.

We are not Delta. Want proof? Just look at our planes...no, wait...look at our brass...no, that won't work...here's my ID...crud...hang on, I know there's something here...aha!! The word Delta appears nowhere on my paycheck.

FL000 said:

We are not Delta. Want proof? Just look at our planes...no, wait...look at our brass...no, that won't work...here's my ID...crud...hang on, I know there's something here...aha!! The word Delta appears nowhere on my paycheck.

So when it comes down to hat brass you aren't Delta? Many on these boards have tried to pound home the "one company" philosophy. Remember all the profits go in the same bank account. So it is my belief that when a company is financially hurting things like hat brass are a stupid thing to waste money on.

Hey, I heard the other day that some ASA ATR's were coming to Cinci. Welcome to all of you!! I hear that a few of our ramp agents are a bit nervous about operating around props, but they'lle get used to it, I'm sure. I knew that this was going to happen, and I'm all for it. I'm looking foreward to getting to know some of you southern guys, and perhaps we can work together on more issues in the future. Good luck to all.

Fly'n',

Perhaps my sarcasm needs some fine tuning, but I am in agreement with you. My first post in this thread addresses my primary concern at ASA: on-time performance and customer service. To he11 with hat brass, we've got some real problems to work on, and there's nothing being done about it.

FL000 said:
Fly'n',

Perhaps my sarcasm needs some fine tuning

Perhaps my wife needs to switch us back to caffeinated coffee. I agree with you, after I posted it I thought maybe I had missed your point.

Latest resources

Back