• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Newhire Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i wasnt a son in law of anyone... had 300 hours when hired... been here over 10 years.... never was an issue..

ironically... my 'not so sad' 3000 hour new hire sim partner washed out...

just fly the plane and find something else to worry about..

No kidding, I was hired with less than 1000 as well.
The fact is this job is easy and anyone with half a brain can be trained to fly in a matter of weeks. It's the common sense that is what causes some of these clowns to fail.

The fact is this job is easy and anyone with half a brain can be trained to fly in a matter of weeks. It's the common sense that is what causes some of these clowns to fail.

It's easy when you're proficient and everything's working right.

It's this type of mentality that allows management to keep pay low. You get paid what you think you're worth.

Sounds like you deserve your low pay.....maybe you can work at Wendy's in the C concourse for extra cash.

OYS

Last edited:
i wasnt a son in law of anyone... had 300 hours when hired... been here over 10 years.... never was an issue..

ironically... my 'not so sad' 3000 hour new hire sim partner washed out...

just fly the plane and find something else to worry about..

Sorry to hurt your feelings... I still think it's wrong and sad to hire a 300 hour pilot when there are thousands of unemployed pilots out there that have far higher qualifications and experience! I guess in your opinion it's a better idea to leave them unemployed/furloughed in order to benefit the low time guys???

Sorry to hurt your feelings... I still think it's wrong and sad to hire a 300 hour pilot when there are thousands of unemployed pilots out there that have far higher qualifications and experience! I guess in your opinion it's a better idea to leave them unemployed/furloughed in order to benefit the low time guys???

Just to be sure I understand what you're saying, are you aware that these furloughed/unemployed pilots have to apply for the job; meaning they actually have to want to work at ASA??? I doubt that ASA is look for the 300 hour pilot inn a stack of resumes of previous 121/135 time. They would much rather hire guys with turbine time and previous airline time, but they're not the ones applying

feelings? had nothing to do with feelings. How may pilots are on the street are irrelevant. There is a multitude of factors that goes in the decision of who to hire. Maybe the higher time guy was a d- bag.... Maybe he was overqualified... Maybe he showed up with bloodshot eyes..maybe he lied on his app... maybe the lower time guy showed more enthusiasm and eagerness to do things the ASA way rather than 'how they did it at my last airline'....who knows..

first and foremost, as appauling as it may seem to a pilot, airlines are a business. Maybe it was just as simple as knowing they are going to spend $XXX on training over the next 3 years.... in 3 years the lower time guy may still be here, and the higer time guy gone.

Latest resources

Back