ASA New Hire Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CheeseHead13

I have the Aug. 8th class and I have been hearing rumors of the current class being sent home and the classes after that being delayed a week or two. Any truth to this??? And if so, why?

CheeseHead13 said:
I have the Aug. 8th class and I have been hearing rumors of the current class being sent home and the classes after that being delayed a week or two. Any truth to this??? And if so, why?

Good Luck!

CheeseHead13 said:

If this is true it would just be because we are backed up.

From what I've heard we may be calling off about 2 classes because we are so behind in training. We need to upgrade people before we get new people in the company. I think we got a memo about this too. If you are in the pool, it might be a bit longer than they said.

Yea, why are we hiring 30+ per month, per Chief Pilot Forum, but hardly upgrading any???

I have a good friend in the training department. We were just talking about this the other day.

Apparently, we are short on instructors and they are in the process of restructuring the training department. There is a delay / bottle neck in doing IOE. New hires were completing training and then were being sent home for a couple of weeks until there was an instructor who could do IOE and complete their training.

I think the plan is now to skip a couple of new hire classes until they can get a few of the others through IOE. They are also hiring / training 10-15 new instructors.

I think it is some growing pains along with the fact that many of our instructors have moved on to the majors. I think they are working to fix the problem and should be back on track soon.

We had the same situation after I was hired on. I had 2 weeks off between ground school and sim training, then another 3 weeks off between sim and IOE.

My friend over there said they have no new instructors currently being trained and that atleast 1/4 of the training dept. has given their notice--to someone other than the company. Apparently classes are being cancelled or put off so they can catch up on IOE... That's what i've heard.

No Delay said:
I have a good friend in the training department. We were just talking about this the other day.

Apparently, we are short on instructors and they are in the process of restructuring the training department. There is a delay / bottle neck in doing IOE. New hires were completing training and then were being sent home for a couple of weeks until there was an instructor who could do IOE and complete their training.

I think the plan is now to skip a couple of new hire classes until they can get a few of the others through IOE. They are also hiring / training 10-15 new instructors.

I think it is some growing pains along with the fact that many of our instructors have moved on to the majors. I think they are working to fix the problem and should be back on track soon.

Latest resources

Back