ASA Negotiations Suspended Indefinitely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SuperKooter said:
Alpa is a bigger threat to aviation than Osama is.

This is flame and you should be shot for even joking about it. I wonder how many of the 9/11 victims' families would agree with you. Idiot.

WWEfan said:
This is flame and you should be shot for even joking about it. I wonder how many of the 9/11 victims' families would agree with you. Idiot.

Alpa hurts our profession more than any terrorist attack ever could. ASA didn't lose any flying because of 9/11 but will due to Alpa

SuperKooter said:
Alpa hurts our profession more than any terrorist attack ever could. ASA didn't lose any flying because of 9/11 but will due to Alpa

Delta lost a crapload of flying. They were 10,000 pilots strong pre-9/11. Now roughly 7,000. I have no idea about the labor forces of the other majors, but I'm sure their reductions are similar. You really need to think before you spew this garbage.

surplus1 said:
Skywest will place those airplanes whereever it is less expensive to do so OR wherever it gives them the most leverage - against the ASA union.

The Skywest pilots writing in these forums don't seem to grasp that what happens to ASA will ultimately happen to them too. If ASA sells out and low balls, Skywest will be next.

This is about power and money. They don't take from ASA now because they can't just do it without your consent. Once you settle, they CAN do it without the SKYW pilots consent, and they will.

They're playing you against each other AND against everybody else in search of the lowest common denominator. That's the game. They make the rules and right now they are winning the game.

Smell the coffee.

It's not all about pilot costs, I know I make more than the same year ASA pilot.

But, if you are pissed now, wait to see what happens in a few days......

Last edited:
CFIT said:
It's not all about pilot costs, I know I make more than the same year ASA pilot.

But, if you are pissed now, wait to see what happens in a few days......
And that would be what, pray tell? You seem to know a lot for a sewer-pipe driver.

Last edited:
WWEfan said:
Delta lost a crapload of flying. They were 10,000 pilots strong pre-9/11. Now roughly 7,000. I have no idea about the labor forces of the other majors, but I'm sure their reductions are similar. You really need to think before you spew this garbage.
Delta's pilot losses were not due to 9/11. They are the result of ALPA's exclusionary scope policy.

If the Delta pilots had not fought the PID request made by the ASA and Comair MEC's in 1999, their numbers would currently be over 10,000.

It would not surprise me that in a few days we will hear that the -900/705's will be operated by Skywest and that there is a displacement bid coming down.

Latest resources

Back