ASA Negotiations Suspended Indefinitely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FishandFly said:
I haven't been here for the full duration of our contract negotiations, but wouldn't some blame for still not having a contract fall on alpa?

Also, how can people get irritated when some have higher expectations for alpa? We pay them roughly 2 Million dollars per year.

We spend WAY more then we ever take in by way of dues revenue. We are subsidized by the larger carriers.

Don't beleive me? Do a little research. It's all there for the reading

AVoiceOfReason said:
I don't hate ALPA, but I don't trust ALPA either. There is a silent majority that is starting to question ALPA.

Care to back that statement up with proof?

I'm sure you have a list of names exceeding 50% of our seniority list, right? Oh, wait, it's a SILENT majority. Kind of like invisible friends and cult prophets, you just have to have faith, LOL. :rolleyes:

DrunkIrishman said:
Surplus-

Then you agree that Fred sold you a bill of goods and your group bought it.

NO! I think the majority of us did what we believed, right or wrong, to be in our own best interest. "Fred" had little to do with anything.

surplus1 said:
NO! I think the majority of us did what we believed, right or wrong, to be in our own best interest. "Fred" had little to do with anything.

We did whats best for us now its time to thrive!!

atrdriver said:
No, you just wish it was a majority. It doesn't take a math genius to figure out that half our pilots are FO's, and they have been asked by the company to take either a pay freeze or a cut and then a freeze for the next 8 or so years. Then throw in the 70 Capts that have been asked to take a cut, and the instructors who have been asked to take a huge cuy, and that is the majority of pilots. I don't think you will find a whole lot of those guys looking to hug management right now.

I'm not going to hug management either. Some of you are really hugging ALPA however. Won't those FOs make more if they upgrade? Staying in the right seat won't help out there pay.

AVoiceOfReason said:
Won't those FOs make more if they upgrade?

Duh, gee ya think Scotty? Keep trying to stir 'em up Scooty boy. Not working too well though when you want to cut FO pay does it Scotty boy?

AVoiceOfReason said:
I'm not going to hug management either. Some of you are really hugging ALPA however. Won't those FOs make more if they upgrade? Staying in the right seat won't help out there pay.

Absolutely correct. ALPA seems to think otherwise. They prefer being stagnant and having outlandish contracts. If you meet in the middle everyone gets a raise. Plus you already get a yearly raise....

D'Angelo said:
Absolutely correct. ALPA seems to think otherwise. They prefer being stagnant and having outlandish contracts. If you meet in the middle everyone gets a raise. Plus you already get a yearly raise....

Oh yeah, and those concessions that you bent over for got you a LOT of new growth, didn't it?

AVoiceOfReason said:

Yes, obviously you will make more if you upgrade. But what exactly makes you think that taking a paycut will get us more growth? CMR tried it, and it certainly didn't work for them. So you vote in those concessions, or take that freeze, and then we still don't get growth, what do you do then?

Latest resources

Back