• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa naps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So basically you have gridlock on red arrow days? And yes, we can always trade into a day with worse reserve coverage. Many times that is the best way to arrange which days you work. Hopefully we won't get stuck with this red arrow business.

Yes that is the case. The WHOLE thing is much worse than that really. And this is the company and how they "look" at our contract... example.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "red arrow day" ANYWHERE in our contract. We negotiated a "restricted day" of which there are only supposed to be a max of 4 per month. So what is a "restricted day"? Well you and I as pilots would call that a day that restricts us trading our trips or the like. I honestly don't know what the company thinks it is. Then "red arrow" days started showing up, which we all thought, well these are "restricted" days and they are obviously violating the contract because almost the entire month is "red arrow" days.
But the company said no... Those are just "red arrow" days, not "restricted" days. So for the 4 years we have had this contract our "union" filed a grievance that we have just been told will be heard in (I think) October of this year.

Is it still possible to drop all of your naps and then pickup two four days to cover the original block? Seems like I have heard that this is no longer allowed.

If you do it in steps, you can still do it. You can't drop all of your naps since they signed the PBS LOA; they snuck in a minimum credit of 45 hours per month. (I hope this gets removed in the JCBA!) So, as long as you stay above 45 hours during the swaps, you can still do.

But the more I hear/read about how ASA does things from a scheduling point of view, and those that think we at XJT should just suck it up and inherit the ASA way of doing things, the MORE I dread the merger.

I hope that the JNC can get rid of the crap that exists, on BOTH sides of the house.

I'm excited about the power XJet is bringing to force a culture change in our crew utilization dept., no 'suck it up' here. Scheduling is severely broken here, hoping you guys are the impetus to fix it.

Scheduling is severely broken here, hoping you guys are the impetus to fix it.

Three calls to scheduling yesterday. Total time spent ON HOLD waiting for scheduling to answer the phone: 19 minutes, 31 seconds. I'd fire anyone providing that kind of service.

Yeah, Johnpeace, I'd say you're about right. It was a sunny day in ATL. I don't think DTW or IAD were much worse.

Latest resources

Back