• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC update.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey everyone, Nevets has it all figured out. All we need is one list and everything will be rainbows and unicorns... Never mind the fact that after 4 years the ASA and XJT MECs are still at each other's throats and still can't agree on bidding software... Just listen to Nevets and everything will be great...

The only reason why we are back to the PBS thing is because one MEC doesn't want to agree to a previously agreed to process dealing with PBS.

By the way, if we did have One List, things would be rainbows and unicorns.

Last edited:
Nevets- weren't Comair and Atlantic Coast Airlines single list regional carriers?

Also, WMS is spot on- OCC has done a far better job of killing ASA than anything else, including the merger. The quicker they take a hose to clean out OCC, the better. I saw the United Express CRJ op as a total failure 3 years ago and knew it was over once the contract expired.

Honest truth is that Ops is behind the wheel and driving the car off the cliff, while the pilots are along for the ride. My hope is that there is enough opportunity out there for the pilots to prosper elsewhere. Sincerely hoping my friends still at ASA find greener pastures soon.

Also, for a quick note about the "industry" folks here........It is an eye opening reality to see just how little the mainline folks know about the regionals. When I tell most of the folks I fly with that I came from ExpressJet, they think I flew corporate jets. In short, It has become apparent to me that it doesn't matter which regional you are at, or where you came from, they are looked upon in an equal light.

Last edited:
The only reason why we are back to the PBS thing is because one MEC doesn't want to agree to a previously agreed to process dealing with PBS.

By the way, if we did have One List, things would be rainbows and unicorns.

Tell me how one negotiating a PBS system independent of the process can be good for the process? The PBS agreement was never designed to be implemented in the event of a failed TA. Go read the agreement, it runs parallel to a JCBA. We never achieved a JCBA.
I'm glad our MEC has decided to stop this nonsense. Your team has done nothing except open the door for another whipsaw that could affect the QOL of both groups. Go develop it after a JCBA. At least then, only the XJT pilots get hosed by the company when they shove a system up your collective rear ends.

Exactly, no one wants concessions and 83% agree with me!

Don't you work for Skywest? I must have hit a nerve with you at some point. ;)

Well then you would be wrong. The pilots are not responsible for the money losing CPAs that management negotiated. But you guys rather divorce yourselves from the pilots with the better contract and keep the management that created the problem.

Bring in the whipsaw and then you lament the whipsaw by bringing back your old aircraft that are now operated by non-union pilots with lower average compensation than you? You contradict yourself. Not to mention that you would vote for a concession for 2/3 of the pilots and lower the bar for the rest of the industry.

One List or NOTHING!
Um no. Just sick of your same old drivel on this board and a few others. You're not well liked on any of them. Just facts.:D

Tell me how one negotiating a PBS system independent of the process can be good for the process? The PBS agreement was never designed to be implemented in the event of a failed TA. Go read the agreement, it runs parallel to a JCBA. We never achieved a JCBA.
I'm glad our MEC has decided to stop this nonsense. Your team has done nothing except open the door for another whipsaw that could affect the QOL of both groups. Go develop it after a JCBA. At least then, only the XJT pilots get hosed by the company when they shove a system up your collective rear ends.

You are talking about two different things. The Process Agreement for Single and Interim PBS is just as dead as all the other language in the 30 sections of the failed TA. That's to say that the only thing that is keeping it dead is mutual agreement. Do you honestly believe they are going to renegotiate all the language in every single section of the new TA? Or are the two MECs going to say, we don't need to change any sections dealing with hostages, CRAF, PAC check off, filling of vacancies, vacation accrual, definitions, travel expenses, moving expenses, deadheading, miscellaneous flying, supervisory duty, training, hours of service, leaves of absence, physical exams, foreign flying, investigation and discipline, grievances, system board of adjustment, furlough and recall, line check pilots, etc. Off course they are just going to re-TA those items! But one MEC decided to re-hash the PBS disagreement rather than just agree on a previously agreed to process.

So now with the other MEC having taken that position, the xjt MEC decided it's in their pilots best interest to give them a vote on smartpref. And if it's as bad as you guys say, then you have nothing to worry about because the pilots will vote it down.

Um no. Just sick of your same old drivel on this board and a few others. You're not well liked on any of them. Just facts.:D

Oh now you hurt my feelings. I'm glad that you feel compelled enough to have to respond to my posts when they don't even concern you. Nice that you think of me when you should be something better.[emoji6]

I would like to see the ASA side kept separate, negotiate an extension to our contract, and let the XJT side go.
They won't be around long anyway as they are doing a great job of killing the airline.
We didn't ask to be merged with them, and all that will happen is the destruction of the whole airline as a result of their insane demands and shortsighted attitudes.
It is very difficult to believe that pilot group is so stupid.

Latest resources

Back