Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
To all the ASA pilots on here, talk to your P2P reps about the meeting Bob and Tom had with Brian and Jerry. I don't want to put to much on here about the meeting and conference call because of the managment types on here.

There is way too much to get into anyway, but they said it was a good meeting. Very enlightening for Jerry about the way things are being run, both at the G.O. and at the negotiations table and what kind of person/businessman Jerry is. There seemed to be a lot that Jerry didn't know about the way things have and are being done at ASA. But I guess that's not suprising to the pilots.

There was also a lot of talk about what it's going to take to move forward and get a contract done. So we'll se if it happens at the next sessions.

Glad to hear. Would love to get this contract settled so we can get back to what we do best. No, not bitching and moaning....flying.

GO AROUND said:
To all the ASA pilots on here, talk to your P2P reps about the meeting Bob and Tom had with Brian and Jerry. I don't want to put to much on here about the meeting and conference call because of the managment types on here.

Yeah, because I'd hate for management to hear what our top management told the union!??? LOL!

ifly4food said:
Yeah, because I'd hate for management to hear what our top management told the union!??? LOL!

You might be surprised! I think ASA managemnet and the way they operate this airline has been exposed to Jerry, and they (ASA mgt) are now on the old hot seat! Brian was a little uncomfortable in there with the MEC and Jerry! Gotta give Jerry credit for going after the full and real story.

I posted some of the conference information on the ALPA message board, and the P2P reps will have additional information shortly. We will then spread the info to everyone.

Hoser

HoserASA said:
You might be surprised! I think ASA managemnet and the way they operate this airline has been exposed to Jerry, and they (ASA mgt) are now on the old hot seat! Brian was a little uncomfortable in there with the MEC and Jerry! Gotta give Jerry credit for going after the full and real story.

I posted some of the conference information on the ALPA message board, and the P2P reps will have additional information shortly. We will then spread the info to everyone.

Hoser

Very true. According to Bob and Tom, Jerry actually rode Brians arse for not having directly told the MEC or the negotiating committee about the incentive program. He also wasn't pleased about extending pilots when reserves were available, or scheduling pilots to fly after three "naps".

ifly4food said:
Very true. According to Bob and Tom, Jerry actually rode Brians arse for not having directly told the MEC or the negotiating committee about the incentive program. quote]

And Bob's response was that the MEC was not interested in any incentive program under which the pilots have no control over, such as ramp operations, gate agaents, etc. Fir the MEC to agree to any incentive program, there would have to be reasonable performance levels set that the pilots could control. Myself, I'll take a reasonable wage and other bennies.

Hoser

HoserASA said:
ifly4food said:
Very true. According to Bob and Tom, Jerry actually rode Brians arse for not having directly told the MEC or the negotiating committee about the incentive program. quote]

And Bob's response was that the MEC was not interested in any incentive program under which the pilots have no control over, such as ramp operations, gate agaents, etc. Fir the MEC to agree to any incentive program, there would have to be reasonable performance levels set that the pilots could control. Myself, I'll take a reasonable wage and other bennies.

Hoser

Absolutely. Our pilots would be crazy to take a pay cut in exchange for the "carrot" of possible bonuses later. Bonuses that will be taxed at the max rate, and depend on performance of a seriously dysfunctional hub, mind you.

No thanks.

Straigh profit-sharing, based on profits only.

I never believed that Skywest -Jerry Atkins fully understood what they purchased when they bought ASA. I'm sure they realized how many airframes, gates, personnel and the route structure but I don't think they did any due diligence on the employee management situation. I'm sure when they met with Skip and Delta that they were fed a load of B.S. to dress this pig up for sale. Lets face it. Delta needed to unload this thing and Skip couldn't get out of here any faster. Brian L was merely the sucker who inherited 6 years of mismanagement where the real operational problems were just swept under the rug. You noticed in the last couple years Skip really stepped away from active mgmt and let his poorly trained and equipped subordinates chart their own misguided course. It was amazing to watch these inept managers do everything possible to cover their butts while dumping on the employees.

Hopefully JA is started to look under the hood of the 57 Chevy he just bought to find out what really is going on !

Latest resources

Back