• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MCO hub no more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think the ATRs are going away, either. We added 3 ATR lines in July, and Delta's schedule for April of 2009 still shows ATR-72s flying to HHH.

That, and I heard through the grapevine that we're keeping all the ATRs till at least October.

According to SH in RGT, the 1st ATR is to leave in August, 2 more in September, 3 in October and November, and the last 3 by December 2nd. Apparently Delta was unaware until recently that the ATR is the only thing we have that can serve HHH, but they are committed to retiring it at this point. New turpoprops were considered, but Delta wanted a a 5 year contract, which doesn't work well with 15 year aircraft leases.

He also mentioned that the quantity of September flying is dependant on what Delta decides to do with Freedom flying in response to the injunction.

I heard ALPA is buying more ATR's for us with the money their taking out of our 401K, how nice of them.

Just curious! If the policy changes and you have to start doing the right thing and paying dues on your Gross Wages, instead of your taxable wages, how much more would that be a month? 8-12 $ more?

Why should the wages that ALPA negotiated for you in your contract be exempt from dues? There are a lot of pilots who do not participate in the 401K that are paying dues on all of their earned wages. Why shouldn't you?

On average for someone who contributes up to the maximum percentage for matching, it amounts to (.0195 X .06) 0.00117 times your bi-monthly earnings. If you grossed $3000 a pay period, it amounts to about an additional $3.51 per check for dues. I have bigger things to worry about in life--don't you?

Last edited:
Just curious! If the policy changes and you have to start doing the right thing and paying dues on your Gross Wages, instead of your taxable wages, how much more would that be a month? 8-12 $ more?

Why should the wages that ALPA negotiated for you in your contract be exempt from dues? There are a lot of pilots who do not participate in the 401K that are paying dues on all of their earned wages. Why shouldn't you?

On average for someone who contributes up to the maximum percentage for matching, it amounts to (.0195 X .06) 0.00117 times your bi-monthly earnings. If you grossed $3000 a pay period, it amounts to about an additional $3.51 per check for dues. I have bigger things to worry about in life--don't you?

People that do not contribute to the 401k are a liability to those who do. If they don't plan for retirement then they will be willing to negotiate lower wages. So I don't mind if they have to pay more because clearly they need the motivation to save for retirement.
Also that's a bad attitude about thinking it's not that much because each time something gets taken from us it's not much it's been a lot of little things over the years that have added up.

Problem is this is just the beginning...ALPA is in financial trouble and it is going to get worse.....

When all the furloughs hit and Astar, Atlas, and Polar are gone....the finances will get worse...

In addition I don't see the President of ALPA taking any cuts or some of our guys on full time ALPA leave going back to the line....Does TZ need to be full time ALPA leave?

Allowing the top to continue while taking more from second year regional FOs is the very thing ALPA complains about when management does it...

Leadership comes from the top...and as usual I don't see much coming from Herndon.....

Latest resources

Back