Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
It looks as though ASA's "hub" out of MCO will not last much longer.

Come September, there won't be any more flights from MCO to:
CMH
PFN
RDU
RIC
SDF
TYS

And for those of you in PNS looking for intra-Florida routes, PNS-FLL and PNS-TPA are gone at the same time.

Look on the bright side, they didn't make MCO a crew base.

I've had little experience with the Florida routes but what I have done has been near empty. I wouldn't expect September to improve anyways.

-Brett

Typical Sep-Oct reduced schedule, lines will go to crap again just like they do every year during the fall.

I've had little experience with the Florida routes but what I have done has been near empty. I wouldn't expect September to improve anyways.

-Brett

It's been over a month since I've had a single leg with less than half of the seats filled. Dunno if they are all paying passengers, but it seems like the flights I'm flying are full. Whether or not they are profitable is anybodies guess...

Remeber: 1600 pph.

Orlando Sentinel had a article a few months back saying delta was going down to 25 total (mainline + connection) departures a day out of MCO. They simply cant compete with Southwest, Airtran, and Jet Blue in that market.

Everyone knows that this is all part of Delta's capacity cuts of 15% by August / September. We'll know more after the summer flying is over.

I don't think the ATRs are going away, either. We added 3 ATR lines in July, and Delta's schedule for April of 2009 still shows ATR-72s flying to HHH.

That, and I heard through the grapevine that we're keeping all the ATRs till at least October.

I heard ALPA is buying more ATR's for us with the money their taking out of our 401K, how nice of them.

Latest resources

Back